Reminder and gentle prodding

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Reminder and gentle prodding

Post by Delia Lake »

It's that time. Time to declare candidacy for running in the election for the 37th Term of CDS government. I know you love living in the CDS. It's a beautiful place populated with friendly, fun people. And every six months a handful of us step up to be elected as the government representatives of the rest of us. Many citizens have served over the years. Many others have thought about it but haven't yet taken the step of becoming a candidate. This is your time! Now. Today. Drop me a no mod notecard inworld before the close of Sunday, May 1 with your declaration of candidacy for the Representative Assembly or the Chancellorship.

With thanks

Almut Brunswick
LRA
LRA

Re: Reminder and gentle prodding

Post by Almut Brunswick »

Dear Delia,

thank you for poking our dear fellow CDS citizens to run for office! I just hope that enough people will grab a heart.

@Everybody:

Today, the situation is dramatic: As far as I can see, only Jerry and I will run for RA again, so that we wouldn't have a quorum for valid legal decisions next term. Equally worse: Nobody seems to be interested to become the next Chancellor (or did I miss Tor's next declaration of candidacy?). I'm not even talking about all the other functions in the NGOs to be assigned which probably will remain vacant. That is quite fatal especially in the current situation when we actually would like to become part of a greater community and to present ourselves as a living democracy.

I do fully understand that many people have so much other things to do, especially on weekends. Others really need a break from having playing a governmental role unterruptedly for a couple of years (!). Actually, we have some more shoulders to carry the burden of the offices than the few "usual suspects" who always "do the job". Without your participation, the CDS experience will eventually vanish with a big shrug. I think that would be extremely sad after so many years in SL.

So where are you volunteers? Becoming a RA member is not "rocket science", and you won't be alone to learn what is necessary for fulfilling your tasks. Same is valid for the NGO functions. Thanks to Jerry's and other contributor's work on the Citizen's Guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/13zx ... RWFZk/edit, the conditions to learn the essentials about the CDS are so much better today than in previous times. So don't be shy and join us! When you cannot make it to all meetings, we will surely find a pragmatic solution. Just don't let us and thus the CDS down.

Thank you,

Almut

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Reminder and gentle prodding

Post by Brian Livingston »

-looks at his bunny sized hat, nods, and tosses it into the ring-

Return to “General Discussion”