Renovating CDS Public Infrastructure

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Renovating CDS Public Infrastructure

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

This forum post reproduces and email request to the LUC sent yesterday.

There are a few proposals for renovating our public infrastructure in circulation. The RA recently passed a motion regarding renovation of the Thermae in Colonia Nova. I think the forum in CN also needs some attention as it looks very much like it did when the region was opened. Cadence mentioned the LA harbour area to me yesterday and I’m conscious of the fact that the LA rebuild was never really completed under the previous administration - the Umbilicus Mundus (the temple in the centre of the sim) was never dealt with, the future of the colonnades has not yet been determined and we still don’t have multiple builds available for the LA fishing village.

So there is lots to do!

I’d like the renovation to follow a plan and to be developed on the back of active citizen participation.

What I would like from the LUC is the following:

• * A comprehensive list of renovation projects for CDS public infrastructure based on consideration of all the CDS regions
    * An assessment of the relative size of the project (is it Small, Medium or Large for example) and roughly how long it would take to complete once commissioned
    * Your advice on the relative priority of the projects and a rationale for the prioritisation
    * Your advice on whether projects are small-scale ‘quick wins’ which could just be assigned to a suitably proficient builder (along with your advice on potential builders) or whether projects are larger scale and bids should be sought and assessed on a competitive basis in line with the LUC law

I’m happy to agree a deadline for this work following discussion with the LUC. I’m also happy to take it in phases if you would like to provide some ‘quick wins’ first and then complete the fuller survey over a longer time frame.

I would like this work to involve active citizen participation and public review of proposals (this is a Constitutional Requirement for me as Chancellor). The RA has also expressed an interest in taking forward these kind of projects so it would be good to make sure they are involved too.

I'll cross-post in 'General Discussion' so citizens can comment on this.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”