Resignation

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Resignation

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Today is my last day as Chancellor of CDS. During the last few months I put forward my best effort to return CDS to the rule of law following an extended period where laws and democratic process had become secondary to those who wished to hold on to their positions of power at all cost. 

My first act was to follow the law of CDS and remove from the Executive team all members of the RA and the SC to maintain proper separation of powers. I also removed one long standing estate manager (Delia Lake) who had, by her own direct admission to me just prior to the election, used the EM and LV group tools to actively undermined a previous Executive (and my running mate).

I was then thrust into the position of confronting the EO and Treasurer when she unilaterally, with no legal authority or prior discussion with the Executive or any branch of government, confiscated public land and gave it to an NGO (within which she was an officer).

I also asked the SC to grant a waiver that allowed me to appoint Sudane as the Treasurer of CDS as she also serves a lifetime appointment as the Estate Owner for all five CDS sims. The outcome was a statement by the SC that Sudane serves in both roles for life. This was not seen as ideal by the framers of the original law.

I attempted to follow NL 7-3 Web Portal Act and manage the web elements of CDS as indicated in that law. This followed a discussion with Sudane where she indicated that Mizou the formal administrator of the site had been absent from  SL and CDS for sometime. The SC have shown this term that they are willing to rule laws out of the statute book on a political basis.

Because the LRA and two obstructive members of the RA did not act on the referendum to add a new sim this term, when I was approached with an option to use the NL 8-4 Private Development Act I felt obligated to do so. I had an approved budget to add a sim this term and this was still a valid CDS law. The actions of certain members of RA,  the SC and the EO/Treasurer in delaying the adoption of the sim, made it undeniable that the SC would use its powers for political gain and to protect its own interests.

I can no longer in good conscience support a system that claims it follows democratic principles but is in fact simply a closed group role playing democracy amongst themselves rather than a real social experiment in virtual community development. The system is corrupt and seeks to consolidate power in an elite. I find this morally indefensible and therefore I refuse to continue to take further part and resign my position as Chancellor.

Ceasar Xigalia

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”