working together

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

working together

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Arun has also been talking with Sudane, could we at least coordinate with him on this.

Last edited by cleopatraxigalia on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cleo
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: past bill proposed

Post by Beathan »

Note to reader -- the following is a response to a post by ThePrincess which she has edited out of existence. However, I leave this post to remind everyone that we need to work with Sudane, who has been wonderful in her longtime role as CDS Treasurer, on all financial matters -- and that our goal should be to assist Sudane, not supplant her.

Princess --

I don't recall this bill, but I can see several problems with it. First, it appears to displace Sudane, rather than assist Sudane, which is our goal. Second, it imposes procedural burdens and additional steps on the Treasurer's work -- unnecessarily, as we have never had a problem with the simple and easy process we now have (although, as we grow, there is an increasing need for greater oversight). Further, I don't like the idea of closed sessions -- even for financial matters. I also don't like the idea of budget by election or referendum, which seems to be implied by the CARE bill.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”