CDS Code Reorganization Committee - Wed, 5 PM SLT

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

CDS Code Reorganization Committee - Wed, 5 PM SLT

Post by Brian Livingston »

Good Day:

To kickoff the code reorganization process, I am scheduling the first meeting of the Code Reorganization Committee this Wednesday at 5 PM SLT. The main points of conversation for the meeting are as follows:

1) Registering interested members and contact information.
2) Identifying and quantifying the goals and benchmarks of this committee.
3) Suggestions on criteria for categorizing bills.
4) Suggestions on converting the list from the prior point to a workable bill.
5) Thoughts on incorporating sustainability. (Once we've cleaned up the code, how do we keep it that way?)
6) Other thoughts, related information, future meetings if needed.

I will post a transcript of the meeting by Thursday and certainly encourage anyone interested in this topic to post your thoughts here or to attend the meeting this Wednesday.

Thanks!

--Brian Livingston

Last edited by Brian Livingston on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: CDS Code Reorganization Committee - Wednesday, 5 PM SLT

Update -
Due to an unexpected commitment, I am not going to be able to stay long at the meeting. However, I plan to hold another meeting early next week, probably Monday evening. Tonights organizational meeting will occur at the Biergarten in NFS.

--Brian

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: CDS Code Reorganization Committee - Wednesday, 5 PM SLT

The next meeting of the Code Reorganization Committee will meet this Wednesday at 5 PM at the biergarten in NFS. Topics of discussion will be the same from the first post in this topic.

If you are unable to make the meeting or would rather discuss these topics at a mutually convenient time in world or via e-mail, please IM me or e-mail me at [email protected]

--Brian

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Postponed -CDS Code Reorganization Committee - Wed, 5 PM SLT

Hi all:

I hate to have to make this announcement but I am going to have to postpone tonights meeting until later. I have wound up with the flu and am hading to the doctors shortly to see what they can do.

Again, I am incredibly sorry about postponing again and will work on finding a new time. I'll also work on posting some thoughts I've had on the previous points to help jog this discussion.

Regards,

Brian

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Postponed -CDS Code Reorganization Committee - Wed, 5 PM SLT

A Discussion Thread has been posted here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1633

Any suggestions on proposed meeting times? I know Wednesdays at 5 are difficult for many people. I am generally available between 4 and 9 PM SLT on weekdays, and sporadically on weekends.

--BL

Return to “Events in CDS”