Next Covenant Task Force Meeting

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Next Covenant Task Force Meeting

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hi everyone,

Last meeting was so productive that we decided to hold another meeting next Thursday, the 15th, at 2 PM SLT.
If you can, please have a look at the transcript of last meeting to see what we have already decided, and what is left to discuss.

Also, i may ask one of you to please secretary the meeting for me, as it is quite hard to record motions and count votes while chairing a large meeting. :)

Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Next Covenant Task Force Meeting

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hi all,

Checking my notes, i would like to propose an agenda for the next meeting. This is not a strict agenda, feel free to suggest more points.
This agenda has some assumptions:
1. That we are following a similar model to the other covenant texts, with their parts General CDS, Sim-Wide, Zones and Typologies
2. That the zone discussion is modelled after the assumptions voted at the previous meeting (Check the Summary posted on this thread)

And of course, this agenda follows the organization of my 'shadow covenant', in which Zone defines appearance and Tipology defines building :) Feel free also to propose other organization.

Sim Wide Covenants

. Conclusion of the Zones discussion
. Conclusion of the Materials discussion
. Typologies
(mind that on these three points i will call mainly for general descriptions, seeing that the details will be written under the proper Zone and Typology Covenants)
. Terraforming
. Property restrictions

Zone-specific Covenants

. Appearance
. Materials
- Other details

Tipology Covenants

Border to adjacent builds or roads
Footprint of the build
Use of set-aside areas
Maximum heights of builds
Trees
D-plots only: fixing of appearance

Eudaimonia now!
Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

Hi Moon,
Here are a couple of suggestions for the meeting, please move the unimportant stuff to the bottom of your agenda.

Moon Adamant wrote:

Sim Wide Covenants

. Property restrictions: 4096 sq.m seems convenient but all 8 D-parcels add up to 4096 sq.m too, let's think about a max. number of parcels too.
. 512x512 texture rule:

• "Following and as a result of law NL 3-8, for the textures applied to prims by citizens, the largest texture that is allowed, may have 512x512 pixels or an equivalent number of resulting pixels." (Let's vote, I'm curious whether that law still has support)

. No outdoor hot tubs and swimming pools (to increase traffic to the CN bath)
. Dance clubs are not permitted
. Land must have a minimum of four trees per 512 m2 (like NFS -- why not make it a sim wide thing?)

Moon Adamant wrote:

Tipology Covenants

. Let's define the different types (typology) by size - but let's not rigidly define them as "Chateaux" or "Cottages"
but instead: "Large : allows alpine structures including chateaux", "Medium : allows alpine structures including cottages and chalets but excluding chateaux and castles"
. This is where the pictures come in, or should they also be mentioned in the zone definition?

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

Sleazy, thanks for your comments!

Agree to discuss max number of parcels owned in property restrictions.
Agree also to discuss texture size, though i think this will turn in an issue like scripts - meaning that we can suggest it, but enforcement can be difficult.

I'd rather have trees defined by typologies instead of sim wide, since the D plots can hardly feature the 4 trees.

Totally agree with the definition of typologies.

Eudaimonia now!

Return to “Sim and City Planning”