Guild helping outsiders?

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Guild helping outsiders?

Post by Bromo Ivory »

What would need to change if the Guild were to "contract" itself to an outside group to build?

Since we average 1 SIM per year - as well as smaller rebuilding projects in between - might be good to figure out how and under what circumstances would the New Guild help other SIMs for money, or pro bono?

I wasn't at the Guild meeting - and there is a lot on its plate at the moment - so I thought I would bring it up here.

Given that, in theory, the Guild is in competition with anyone else who wants to do work in CDS - it might be good to define when the Guild would pursue things outside CDS in the greater Metaverse?

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Outside contracts...

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

Hi Bromo,

If you want substantial outside work I'd recommend one of 2 approaches.

1)A RL contract with RL folks (Sudane and Moon and Gwyn of Betatech can comment on how best to do this).

2)Use Traxx Hathor's building contract boilerplate and attempt to enforce it in world using secured assets. Traxx's method (I'll post it if I find it) is very complete and well thought out.

PS: I think this is a good idea. There's really only 3 ways I can think of for the Guild to be financially self supporting:

a)Membership dues
b)Income from outside (external from CDS gov't) contracts
c)Income from CDS gov't contracts

B seems like the best money maker as far as I'm concerned.

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Outside contracts...

Post by Jon Seattle »

[quote="Pelanor Eldrich":19vqjzu8]There's really only 3 ways I can think of for the Guild to be financially self supporting:

a)Membership dues
b)Income from outside (external from CDS gov't) contracts
c)Income from CDS gov't contracts

B seems like the best money maker as far as I'm concerned.[/quote:19vqjzu8]
This is a good idea and one we will need to discuss going forward. So far the Guild have has been able to pay the bills from contributions. Individual members of the Guild have already pitched in to help with one of Bromo's projects. (I should mention that while the project has great volunteers, it does [u:19vqjzu8]not[/u:19vqjzu8] have a large budget and probably would not be of interest to a commercial contractor.)

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

I forgot to mention...

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

Tuition income from courses. Some SL entities do quite well at making money teaching courses.

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”