A Short Rumination about Citizenship in the CDS

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

A Short Rumination about Citizenship in the CDS

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

I was just thinking about what it means to be a citizen in the CDS. My Second Life has revolved around the CDS since January 2011. Probably longer than most but much more recent than some. During that time I have seen upheavals in power and changes, some have been gut wrenching. Many have caused people to leave CDS, or fade away and then blink out. Sometimes I have lost dear friends. In my view a citizen, should be committed to the mission of CDS which is, as I see it, to be a democratic and citizen owned estate in the virtual world. Perhaps a wordy way of saying community. To be committed to that mission, one must stay in CDS beyond the loss of an election, a lost vote in RA, a decision that doesn't go one's way or a change one does't like.

Now there are many reasons why a person will leave. One reason could be simply that they saw it only as a nice place to live for a while. Sometimes it could be financial. I am sure there are many personal reasons on might want to leave the CDS.

For me, it will not be over politics. This is my way of showing support for the mission of CDS. It is my country.

Citizen
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: A Short Rumination about Citizenship in the CDS

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Thanks for sharing this, Tor; it is a thought-provoking read!

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Thank you for sharing Tor. I fully agree!

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

I am a wanderer in RL, seeing my options crumble away. Meeting all kind of people, those who stay in their miserable shit holes under all circumstances as well as those who leave everything behind to find a better place to live, my solidarity belongs to the latter.

I trashed all social media by now because it frustrates the hell out of me to look into that abyss of human regress.

I stopped watching TV some years ago, because the content makes me sick, I can‘t stand that nonsense anymore.

I am alienated by my country and feel like a foreigner there. I deeply distrust the state of germany and the local autochtone population.

My Schizophrenia makes me struggle to stay in contact with reality. I am living in a bungalow, surrounded by a garden with some dozend of animals like a monk. I try to do my best as my housemate‘s factotum to pay back the privileges she shares with me. She is mad as a hatter herself and a giantress of power and energy compared to me.

From my pov, CDS is a small society by its own. The only society I feel being part of. To be at home in the CDS lights a little sparkle in my heart.

Everything keeps changing all the time. I am trying to win the stream. CDS is slow, but it is still moving, something like a pond up in the mountains. I will stay here until all lights go out and dissolve into the common unconsciousness.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren

Return to “General Discussion”