Petition to un-archive the CSDF forums...

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Petition to un-archive the CSDF forums...

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

Sudane Erato wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:22 am

If a group of citizens wish to have a discussion group, and even to call themselves the "CSDF faction", who is anyone else to say that they shouldn't? How is that different than anyone calling a discussion group around topics of concern to the community?

Exactly. Those who wish to revive CSDF should move ahead with this interesting project as planned, especially since it seems clear there are more in favor than opposed, and I've seen no convincing reasons not to proceed. The faction idea has gained support from some of the people in CDS whom I trust and respect the most, and that's good enough for me!

(As an aside, I'll add that if one objects to this plan and wants to indulge their authoritarian side by telling other citizens what they may and may not do, it might be more persuasive if one is not openly rude while doing so.)

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Brian Livingston »

As some may remember, I was a member of a different faction from many moons ago (the 'Simplicity Party'), which was formed in part due to the former faction system. Once faction membership was made optional in order to run for office, we effectively dissolved.

That said, from my standpoint I don't see any issues with factions as an optional component of CDS political life, particularly since there is no obligation to join a faction in order to participate in our democracy. On the flipside, I can see factions helping to rekindle interest in the political process and in turn perhaps increase participation if faction meetings/discussions attract visitors or get residents more involved.

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

[mention]Almut[/mention]: Apologies for the delay in my reply, I was thinking a bit.
I reached the conclusion that the best place to address your concerns is inworld. Seeing that the RA agenda for today's meeting does include the topic, I’ll be there 😊

Eudaimonia now!

Return to “General Discussion”