"La Belle Epoque" the Inaugural Ball for the 37th Term: Sunday, June 12, 2022

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Kyoko
Pundit
Pundit

"La Belle Epoque" the Inaugural Ball for the 37th Term: Sunday, June 12, 2022

Post by Kyoko »

You are invited to the CDS Inaugural Ball for the 37th Term!

"La Belle Epoque"
The era spanning years between the end of the Franco-Prussian War and the Beginning of Word War One

Sunday, June 12, 2022
12noon-2pm

DJ Calli presiding

Dress is formal preferably from the historical period.
(Search on Regency and/or Edwardian for many options for meshies, male and female, fewer for classic avatars.)

*poster by Rosie will follow shortly*

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/N ... 46/143/203

CDS Citizen
Kyoko
Pundit
Pundit

Re: "La Belle Epoque" the Inaugural Ball for the 37th Term: Sunday, June 12, 2022

Post by Kyoko »

La Belle Epoque Inaugural Ball June 2022.png
CDS Citizen
Kyoko
Pundit
Pundit

Re: "La Belle Epoque" the Inaugural Ball for the 37th Term: Sunday, June 12, 2022

Post by Kyoko »

"La Belle Epoque" Inaugural ball is TOMORROW, Sunday, June 12 from 12noon-2pm.
See you there!

We will also celebrate our move to VWEC Eduverse! Look at your map.. we are there :)

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ ... 46/143/203

CDS Citizen
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

It's not showing up on my map yet, and may not be on yours as well.

But have no fear... IT WILL! We are in fact moved (and map updates in SL are notoriously slow).

Sudane..................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I noticed it on my map last night. You have to zoom the map out a bit to see it, though. If you keep your map zoomed all the way in like I tend to do, it looks the same as always.

Almut Brunswick
LRA
LRA

Post by Almut Brunswick »

It's been nice to see so many CDS people - and among us some new friends from the VWEC - on the Inaugural Ball. On that occasion, Tor got his swearing-in, so that the official obligations for the core team to start into the 37th term are now completed.

We have seen so many nice dresses and outfits yesterday. Unfortunately, my own custom Belle Epoque dress is still in Blender and could not be finished in time :cry:

So it seems we need another good "excuse" to wear all that silk, feathers and taffeta right soon again! What about a second mid-term ball after the summer holidays with a similar topic? Then - please! - not only with mostly Anglo-American and some French tunes again, but also with what this vivid era has originated in countries like e.g. Italy, Austria-Hungary and my native country Germany? Unfortunately, I'm clueless in respect on DJing in SL, but I would like to offer my assistance in creating a respective playlist.

Thank you,

Almut

Return to “Events in CDS”