Executive Report Feb & March '15

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Executive Report Feb & March '15

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

OVERVIEW
The middle two months of this term have been focussed on ‘hygiene’ issues rather than ‘vision’ issues. The ‘Government Question Hours’ have been re-established and upgrades to CDS infrastructure - particularly in Locus Amoenus - have been commissioned. I sought input on the work plan for the term and published a detailed Executive work plan.

Overall, the number of citizens has declined from around 90 to around 80 and there are more plots for sale around the Estate than we have seen in recent years. While this is unwelcome, it does need to be kept in proportion. Three of our departing citizens would have held all twenty-four of the vacant parcels between them due to the practice of hoarding land in order to control access to citizenship. With these people gone there are inevitably more yellow patches on the map. This also means that new citizens have more choices about where to start their lives in CDS.

The Executive has taken action to address the number of vacant parcels by establishing land sales at L$1 per plot during a trial period and by marketing these plots on our Facebook page. We will continue to promote the CDS to draw in new citizens and reduce the amount of land for sale.

LAND OWNERSHIP & TIER PAYMENTS
These two months have also involved a lot of work chasing late tier payments and fixing problems due to our ‘dual ownership’ system where we require land both to be owned by an individual and a Hippo tier box to be paid monthly. Lilith has been an amazing help; she has unfailingly taken on hours of work to help people with the system and navigate our overly complicated laws in this area.

There are plots for sale in most regions apart from Monastery and Neufreistadt - where parcels still go very quickly. Larger plots in Locus Amoenus, and LA in general, are proving to be the most difficult plots to sell.

EVENTS
We have had some great well-attended events in the past couple of months. Many thanks to Bells and Shep for the ’Spring Bloom’ and ‘April Showers’ concerts in particular. The ‘Relay for Life’ Carnival and Parade were also well attended and raised over L$50 000 for the RFL charity.

COVENANTS, INSPECTIONS & RENOVATION
The process of getting inspections for new private builds has now bedded in effectively. I’ve received advice on approximately eight parcels throughout February and March. I have also commissioned a systematic review of private builds which may not currently comply with CDS covenants. I have asked for a number of upgrades to CDS infrastructure, particularly in Locus Amoenus.

NEW REGION
The RA agreed in principle to initiate the process of getting a new region added to the Estate, I have worked with the LUC and the RA (including the sponsor of the new region) to identify the work the Executive needs to do to keep the process moving. This has mostly involved considering the tier rates and breakeven point for the new region.

This work has now been done and the RA meeting today (19 April) should be able to consider this and move the process on to the next phase.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”