Executive Report Dec '14 & Jan '15

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Executive Report Dec '14 & Jan '15

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Looking back at previous Exec Reports, I’ve noticed that they tend to be quite discursive accounts of what has recently taken place. While I think this is fine, I intend to standardise my Exec Reports this term so that the same general headings get covered each time. This report is a trial run and I’d be grateful for feedback.

I also intend to include data where possible so that we can draw conclusions based on facts and, in time, spot trends and adjust our policies accordingly.

• OVERVIEW
    The first tasks in the past few months have involved assembling the Executive Team, getting the necessary permissions, passwords and so on to do the job. Given the abrupt resignation of the previous Chancellor, it is fair to say there has not been a smooth handover of Executive functions. We need to get better as a community at identifying what a new Chancellor needs (and needs to do) in order to be more effective more quickly. That said, I have had a lot of support from Sudane, Estate Managers and the Public Information and Events Team in getting up to speed reasonably quickly.

LAND OWNERSHIP & TIER PAYMENTS
    A *huge* amount of Executive time has been devoted so far this term to chasing people who are late with their tier payments, sending multiple reminders and, where this fails to lead to payment, reclaiming parcels and putting them back up for sale. Lilith has been a great help here and I’m grateful to her for doing the vast majority of this work on my behalf. It’s a pretty thankless task but a vital one and Lilith has done the vast majority of the heavy lifting here.

We have had a fair number of citizens depart after selling (or abandoning) their plots or after they have had to be reclaimed due to a failure to pay what is owed. We have also had a few new citizens join us.

Locus Amoenus continues to contain the most plots for sale (8 last time I checked) with a handful also for sale in each of Monastery and Colonia Nova. Plots in Neufreistadt continue to be snapped up as soon as they come on the market and Alpine Meadow has had quite low turnover compared to the other regions.

EVENTS
    It’s been a bit quieter than we might like over the past few months, partly due to the holiday period around Christmas and New Year. Nevertheless, we have held a number of successful events in CDS including the Inaugural Ball with music from Gabrielle Riel and the Abominable Snowman Winter Event which featured Maximillion Kleene performing live for us.

CDS citizens have taken the initiative and put on their own events too including Shep’s ‘Demo Ball’. Catz is busy organising a CDS Team for ‘Relay For Life’ with the CDS Hooter Philanthropic Society Kick Off Event planned for 14-15 March.

ORGANISATION
    I almost called this bit ‘bureaucracy’ but thought better of it!

I have made appointments to the Public Information, Event Management and Estate Management Teams and written job descriptions for these roles.

I’ve also been working closely with the newly-established Land Use Commission to clarify remit and responsibilities and agree how we work together.

COVENANTS, INSPECTIONS & RENOVATION
    I’ve sought the advice of the LUC on a number of the new private builds on the CDS Estate. This has been really helpful for providing me with expert advice on how to preserve the character of our regions.

As there are a number of ideas floating around for renovation of our existing public infrastructure, I’ve asked the LUC to consider these ideas comprehensively (so that we don’t just focus on a few ‘pet projects’) but also to identify some ‘quick wins’ (so that we maintain some momentum while there is enthusiasm for getting this done).

I think that’s enough to be going on with. Thoughts, feedback on length, content etc of these Executive Reports is welcomed.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”