Introducing Dougga

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Introducing Dougga

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

I am very pleased to have received this proposal from Bromo Ivory http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5549 for the development of a new sim for CDS using the NL 8-4 Private Development Act, process 1 (outlined below).

The process 1 steps are:
1. 'The citizen or developer shall create a construction design and submit that design to the Chancellor for review and approval;'

Bromo has provided this as a citizen developer, see quotes below.

2. 'the Chancellor shall review the proposal and either approve it or send it back for specific revisions (in accordance with any existing master plan for CDS expansion) within two weeks of submission (if the Chancellor fails to act on the proposal within 2 weeks, it shall be deemed approved);'

I have reviewed the plan and approve it according to the master plan.

3. 'acquire a sim that does not lie within two sim-spaces from the CDS;'

Bromo already has the sim (that does not lie within two sim-spaces from the CDS) that he is prepared to develop for CDS.

4. 'construct the sim in compliance withe the approved design (with the Chancellor or BAC periodically inspecting the work and requesting modifications within the discretion of the Chancellor, but subject to appeal);'

I have asked Bromo to arrange for the construction of the sim as per the approved design.

5. 'upon completion, the Chancellor or the BAC will inspect and the Chancellor shall approve the sim as final or request additional work within two weeks of notice from the builder that the sim is final;'

The sim will be inspected by the Chancellor when completed.

6. 'thereafter, the citizen or developer shall deed the sim to the CDS (through the CDS estate owner), which shall own, operate, sell, and police the sim as a CDS sim, except that initial lot prices shall be set by the builder/developer and proceeds from the sales of those lots shall be paid to the builder/developer. The builder shall further agree to give the CDS an unlimited, non-exclusive license with regard to all intellectual property used in the build, and shall warrant to the CDS that the developer has ownership, permission or other rights to use and transfer all intellectual property rights used in the build.'

Bromo Ivory wrote:

For most of us that have been waiting for a new SIM for CDS, I have great news!!

I very excited and pleased to announce that there is a proposal in front of the Chancellors office to add in a SIM to CDS using the NL 8-4 Private Development Act! (I will be adding this to CDS using NL 8-4 ... I put details of that below in a reply to this post and I am acting as a 'citizen-developer' for this)

I am proposing a sim based upon a Roman Theme expanding upon Colonia Nova, but based upon a North African town called Dougga (North African Roman is a really interesting area - you get an interplay of a number of cultures, and it was relatively wealthy, though still quaintly provincial). I feel it will add a great deal of fun to CDS! The next steps, I believe, are the Chancellor's according to the law. But as this process moves forward, I am sure we can find avenues for many to participate, and if we're lucky, we'll be able to get this thing finished and ready for adding to the CDS regions very quickly! I look forward to helping to bring CDS to the next level!

But below is a summary of what I am proposing (and it is still a work in progress):

Dougga

The CDS masterplan which can be found at Masterplan.slcds.info shows the sim design north of Colonia Nova to be Roman themed with a density of up to 39 plots and not above 40 meters in height.
The ancient city of Dougga in north Africa fits the theme, with an unusual layout of buildings and streets, for a Roman city. The rise of the hill will allow each parcel to be afforded a view of the sim.
It is suggested that the center of the city be zoned mixed residential and commercial and the outer edges to the north, west and east be residential only.
A Roman temple is situated to the northwest. Two arches will span the roadway in the city.
The city will be approached from Colonia Nova through an olive grove to the south and will rise up to the hill in the north.

Dougga information from wikipedia

Dougga or Thugga (Berber: Dugga, Tugga, Arabic: ???) is an ancient Roman city in northern Tunisia, included in a 65 hectare archaeological site.
UNESCO qualified Dougga as a World Heritage Site in 1997, believing that it represents “the best-preserved Roman small town in North Africa”. The site, which lies in the middle of the countryside, has been protected from the encroachment of modern urbanisation, in contrast, for example, to Carthage, which has been pillaged and rebuilt on numerous occasions.
Thugga’s size, its well-preserved monuments and its rich Numidian-Berber, Punic, ancient Roman and Byzantine history make it exceptional. Amongst the most famous monuments at the site are a Punic-Libyan mausoleum, the capitol, the theatre, and the temples of Saturn and of Juno Caelestis.

Here are some pictures that are inspirational for Dougga:
Inspirational Pictures of Dougga:

Region master plan:

CDS master plan:

And here is the spreadsheet showing the prim plans, plot plans, and revenue levels (I uploaded a copy to google docs to make it easier to share - the master sheet isn't on google docs):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_zycw ... sp=sharing

Bromo Ivory wrote:

For clarification:

I'm using the NL 8-4 Private Development Act as per below. I intend as a 'citizen developer' to use process 1 in the bill.

NL 8-4 Private Development Act

Bill to Authorize Private Development in the CDS

Whereas, all factions agree that the pace of development and expansion of the CDS has been slower than that of SL as a whole, and slower than desired by our community;
Whereas, the Guild has done an excellent job in the building and designing of new sims, but, as a volunteer organization, is not able to design and build sims at the desired pace; and
Whereas, there is a pool of human and financial resources in the CDS citizenry that has not been fully tapped through the Guild-driven process:
It is resolved that private development and expansion of the CDS by citizens and development groups is authorized, subject to a retention of ownership and control by the CDS, and subject to development regulation by the CDS.
Further, the Chancellor shall facilitate and coordinate this process, and shall consult with the Building Approval Committee (BAC) of the New Guild when doing so. However, the BAC shall be advisory only, and that Chancellor shall have ultimate authority on matters relating to the implementation of this Act. The Chancellor may appoint a deputy to assist him or her with this process, or to run this process under his or her supervision.
Whenever a citizen or developer wishes to build or modify land in the CDS, the citizen or developer shall submit a design to the Chancellor for approval. The Chancellor shall assess the plan in light of the regional plan for the CDS and shall approve, deny or request modifications to the developer’s plan in a manner consistent with the regional plan. The citizen or developer shall build only in a manner consistent with the Chancellor’s approval. The Chancellor shall also have the right to inspect the work and request changes in a manner consistent with the regional plan and aesthetic and architectural standards of the CDS, which shall be implemented by the citizen or developer.
The New Guild shall develop an advisory committee called the Building Approval Committee to assist the Chancellor in inspection and approval of privately built CDS sims. The New Guild shall also create, update and maintain a CDS master plan under which future expansions in land area and themes shall occur. This plan shall be submitted to and approved by the RA, and shall be resubmitted to the RA for approval whenever it is modified.
In the event the citizen or developer disagrees with a determination of the Chancellor, the citizen or developer shall have the right to appeal the matter to the SC. This SC shall make a determination either accepting the Chancellor’s determination; modifying the Chancellor’s determination; rejecting the Chancellor’s determination and accepting the developer’s alternative, if one is proposed; or rejecting the Chancellor’s determination and remanding the matter to the Chancellor for further action. The SC shall make its decision within sixty days.
Such development shall proceed on the following process:
A citizen or developer wishing to develop a sim for addition to the CDS shall follow one of the following two processes:
The citizen or developer shall create a construction design and submit that design to the Chancellor for review and approval; the Chancellor shall review the proposal and either approve it or send it back for specific revisions (in accordance with any existing master plan for CDS expansion) within two weeks of submission (if the Chancellor fails to act on the proposal within 2 weeks, it shall be deemed approved); acquire a sim that does not lie within two sim-spaces from the CDS; construct the sim in compliance withe the approved design (with the Chancellor or BAC periodically inspecting the work and requesting modifications within the discretion of the Chancellor, but subject to appeal); upon completion, the Chancellor or the BAC will inspect and the Chancellor shall approve the sim as final or request additional work within two weeks of notice from the builder that the sim is final; thereafter, the citizen or developer shall deed the sim to the CDS (through the CDS estate owner), which shall own, operate, sell, and police the sim as a CDS sim, except that initial lot prices shall be set by the builder/developer and proceeds from the sales of those lots shall be paid to the builder/developer. The builder shall further agree to give the CDS an unlimited, non-exclusive license with regard to all intellectual property used in the build, and shall warrant to the CDS that the developer has ownership, permission or other rights to use and transfer all intellectual property rights used in the build.
Or
The citizen or developer shall create a construction design and submit that design to the Chancellor for review and approval; the Chancellor shall review the proposal and either approve it or send it back for specific revisions (in accordance with any existing master plan for CDS expansion) within two weeks of submission (if the Chancellor fails to act on the proposal within 2 weeks, it shall be deemed approved); donate sufficient money to the CDS estate owner to allow the CDS to acquire a sim that within two sim-spaces from the CDS and to pay tier on that sim for four months; construct the sim in compliance withe the approved design (with the Chancellor or BAC shall periodically inspecting the work and requesting modifications within the discretion of the Chancellor, but subject to appeal); upon completion, the Chancellor or BAC will inspect and the Chancellor shall approve the sim as final or request additional work within two weeks of notice from the builder that the sim is final; thereafter, the CDS (through the CDS estate owner), which shall own, operate, sell, and police the sim as a CDS sim, except that initial lot prices shall be set by the builder/developer and proceeds from the sales of those lots shall be paid to the builder/developer. If construction takes longer than four months, the developer shall reimburse the CDS for any tier costs incurred by the CDS during construction. The builder shall further agree to give the CDS an unlimited, non-exclusive license with regard to all intellectual property used in the build, and shall warrant to the CDS that the developer has ownership, permission or other rights to use and transfer all intellectual property rights used in the build.
Upon final completion of the construction, privately built sims shall become part of the CDS and shall not differ from other CDS sims except in the manner in which lot prices are sold and the proceeds from those sales are distributed. Any AV who buys land in a privately built sim shall be a CDS citizen and shall have all the rights, immunities and privileges of citizens.

Further, the CDS shall set up a publicity agency to publicize the CDS, CDS businesses, and available lots for sale in the CDS. This agency shall publicize all CDS land equally, without regard to whether the land was Guild-built, privately built, or otherwise acquired, and shall publicize all commercial, shopping and event areas,without regard to whether the land was Guild-built, privately built, or otherwise acquired. The publicity agency shall be an agency under administration of the Chancellor, with a member or members appointed by the Chancellor, and shall have its own budget.

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Dougga Sim Advisory Committee

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

I have invited an advisory committee to be known as the Dougga Sim Advisory Committee (Building Approval Committee) to assist me as Chancellor for the inspection phase of the Dougga sim development.

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Move and renaming of the Symbiosis sim to Dougga

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Copy of email to:

Bromo Ivory, Sudane Erato (Rudeen),
As per NL 8-4 Private Development Act.

Please arrange to move the sim known as Symbiosis from its current location to a position to the north and adjacent to CDS Colonia Nova. Please change the name from Symbiosis to Dougga. This is in preparation for the acceptance of the sim on completion of the build, the inspection and the correction of any punch list items. It will also assist in lining up sim boundaries.

I would appreciate it if you could arrange for this to happen as soon as possible.

I copy below the details from the SL website on the move of sims. I believe Bromo will have to pay $50US to do this.

regards Ceasar Xigalia,

CDS Chancellor

Moving and renaming Private Regions
Pricing for Private Region Management Services
If you own one or more private regions in Second Life, there are several special services you may occasionally need, such as region moves and region name changes. The fees for these services depend on the number of private regions you own; please refer to the following chart to determine the cost of each service:
Pricing for private region management.png
To request one of these services, please submit a case through the support portal on the Second Life website. Additional information on how to move and rename private regions can be found in the next sections.
Renaming a Private Region
To initiate the renaming process, submit a support case stating that you would like to change your region's name and that you accept the fee.
The new name must comply with the Guidelines for Private Region Naming. Private region names are granted at the sole discretion of Linden Lab.
Moving a Private Region
Private region owners can request to move a region to another location on the World Map, subject to availability. Certain areas of the World Map are reserved for special purposes, including the mainland and themed expansions provided by Linden Lab.
If you would like to move your region adjacent to another Resident's region, they must allow you as a neighbor in our system prior to your request for the region move. Note that your private region cannot be rotated, so what is currently North will always be North.
The fee for moving a region is charged for each private region, for any movement.
Note: Moving your private region causes links made from the Picks tab of the Profile window to become inaccurate.
Landmarks continue to function after a move, but home locations may need to be reset. The World Map may take several hours to update with the new Private Region location.

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: Dougga Sim Advisory Committee

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Ceasar Xigalia wrote:

I have invited an advisory committee to be known as the Dougga Sim Advisory Committee (Building Approval Committee) to assist me as Chancellor for the inspection phase of the Dougga sim development.

The following citizens have been invited to join the committee:

Arria Perrault (SC member)
Butterfli Summers (new citizen and Lindenlab featured sim designer)
Dawg (new citizen)
Gauis Tiberius Curio (Citizen and visitor to RL Dougga)
Gwyneth Llewelyn (RA member)
Lam Erin (citizen builder, CDS estate manager)
Sonja Strom (former Chancellor and CDS estate manager)

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Approval of Dougga

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Approval of Dougga

I have received the following notecard from Bromo Ivory on the 29th September 2014 informing me that the Dougga sim has been completed.

I have taken comments on the Dougga build from the members of the Dougga Sim Advisory Committee as they have inspected the sim. These comments were passed to the developer as the build progressed.

I have now completed the inspection of the Dougga sim (currently known as Symbiosis) as required by NL 8-4 Private Development Act and I am pleased to approve the sim as final.

I have therefore requested Bromo as developer to deed the sim to CDS and to agree to give the CDS an unlimited, non-exclusive license with regard to all intellectual property used in the build, and shall warrant to the CDS that the developer has ownership, permission or other rights to use and transfer all intellectual property rights used in the build.

Ceasar Xigalia
Chancellor CDS

Dougga is Done

29 September, 2014 at 4:51pm SLT

Hello Ceasar -

I consulted with the builder and inspected the SIM. Dougga is ready for transfer into CDS as far as we're concerned. Let me know the next steps - and anything we need to do to help the process along!

Everyone who has helped is excited about seeing it become part of the CDS! Thanks for your help in this matter!

Thanks much,
Bromo Ivory

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: Introducing Dougga

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

I have received the following declaration by Bromo Ivory that he deeds the sim (Symbiosis) to be known as Dougga to CDS as per NL 8-4 Private Development Act and I am pleased to accept it on behalf of CDS. I have also received the signed IP agreement from Bromo as developer where he 'agree(s) to give the CDS an unlimited, non-exclusive license with regard to all intellectual property used in the build, and shall warrant to the CDS that the developer has ownership, permission or other rights to use and transfer all intellectual property rights used in the build.'

Ceasar Xigalia
Chancellor CDS

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... &start=105

I am pleased to Announce

postby Bromo Ivory » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:25 pm
That we're done building.

Dougga is ready for transfer pending any feedback and changes by the Chancellor. I have sent a notecard to him about the build in Dougga, and look forward ot the next part of the process.

I will officially declare I deed the sim to CDS and look forward to the transfer process as soon as the Chancellor gives the word.

Last edited by Ceasar Xigalia on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

The following email has been sent to Bromo and Sudane

Bromo, Sudane,

I have completed the final inspection and have approved the sim (Symbiosis) to be known as Dougga. Bromo has officially declared that he deeds the sim to CDS. This is posted on the forums under the executive thread.
Please arrange to move the sim known as Symbiosis from its current location to a position to the north and adjacent to CDS Colonia Nova. Please change the name from Symbiosis to Dougga.
Please arrange for Rudeen to place Hippo payment boxes adjacent to each parcel in the sim and for these to be added to the CDS Hippo system under Rudeens name.
regards Ceasar Xigalia,
CDS Chancellor

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Email notice to Sudane and Bromo

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Hi Sudane, Bromo,

Please let me clear up any misunderstanding.

Please arrange to:

transfer the sim Symbiosis from Bromo Ivory to Rudeen as EO of CDS.
change the name from Symbiosis to Dougga.
move the sim from its current position (more than two sim spaces away from CDS) to a position next to Colonia Nova (to the north edge of Colonia Nova)
setup the hippo system and payment posts for each private parcel on the new sim (39 parcels)

The basis for doing this according to the law is as follows:

The process 1 steps are:
1. 'The citizen or developer shall create a construction design and submit that design to the Chancellor for review and approval;'

Bromo has provided this as a citizen developer.

2. 'the Chancellor shall review the proposal and either approve it or send it back for specific revisions (in accordance with any existing master plan for CDS expansion) within two weeks of submission (if the Chancellor fails to act on the proposal within 2 weeks, it shall be deemed approved);'

I have reviewed the plan and approve it according to the master plan. The design was approved by the Chancellor on Sun Sep 14, 2014 at 6:01 pm

3. 'acquire a sim that does not lie within two sim-spaces from the CDS;'

Bromo already has the sim (that does not lie within two sim-spaces from the CDS) that he is prepared to develop for CDS.

4. 'construct the sim in compliance withe the approved design (with the Chancellor or BAC periodically inspecting the work and requesting modifications within the discretion of the Chancellor, but subject to appeal);'

I have asked Bromo to arrange for the construction of the sim as per the approved design. The DSAC was formed Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:53 pm and has advised me as Chancellor during the build process. Items they raised were taken under advisement by me. Changes to the build were made as requested by me.

5. 'upon completion, the Chancellor or the BAC will inspect and the Chancellor shall approve the sim as final or request additional work within two weeks of notice from the builder that the sim is final;'

The sim will be inspected by the Chancellor when completed. On the 29th September 2014 the developer (Bromo) advised me that the sim was complete. Bromo has provided the required IP statement and declaration to me. I inspected the sim and on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:31 pm agreed that the sim was complete and approved the sim as final.

6. 'thereafter, the citizen or developer shall deed the sim to the CDS (through the CDS estate owner), which shall own, operate, sell, and police the sim as a CDS sim, except that initial lot prices shall be set by the builder/developer and proceeds from the sales of those lots shall be paid to the builder/developer. The builder shall further agree to give the CDS an unlimited, non-exclusive license with regard to all intellectual property used in the build, and shall warrant to the CDS that the developer has ownership, permission or other rights to use and transfer all intellectual property rights used in the build.'

Friday Oct 3rd 2014 I have now formally requested that the Developer (Bromo) and the CDS EO (Rudeen aka Sudane) arrange the

transfer the sim Symbiosis from Bromo Ivory to Rudeen as EO of CDS.
change the name from Symbiosis to Dougga.
move the sim from its current position (more than two sim spaces away from CDS) to a position next to Colonia Nova (to the north edge of Colonia Nova)
setup the hippo system and payment posts for each private parcel on the new sim (39 parcels)

Upon final completion of the construction, privately built sims shall become part of the CDS and shall not differ from other CDS sims except in the manner in which lot prices are sold and the proceeds from those sales are distributed. Any AV who buys land in a privately built sim shall be a CDS citizen and shall have all the rights, immunities and privileges of citizens.

The sim has been finally constructed, accepted by the CDS Chancellor and approved as final on Oct 2nd 2014

Further, the CDS shall set up a publicity agency to publicize the CDS, CDS businesses, and available lots for sale in the CDS. This agency shall publicize all CDS land equally, without regard to whether the land was Guild-built, privately built, or otherwise acquired, and shall publicize all commercial, shopping and event areas,without regard to whether the land was Guild-built, privately built, or otherwise acquired. The publicity agency shall be an agency under administration of the Chancellor, with a member or members appointed by the Chancellor, and shall have its own budget.

I have appointed Michel Manen as head of a new publicity agency to publicize CDS land on Oct 3rd 2014.

I therefore believe that all aspects of NL 8-4 Private Development Act have been demonstratively complied with.

To quote Callipygian Dean of the SC from her recent SC discussion opinion post

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5595

'In reading the law it appears to me that the purpose of the remote location of the region under development ensures that no privately developed region is physically attached to the CDS estate until it is constructed in compliance with the approved design and all rights to the intellectual property used in the development are licensed to the CDS. Additionally, since the transfer of ownership also transfers financial responsibility for the Linden Labs monthly maintenance fees, this would ensure that CDS is not placed in the position of paying these fees on land that is not ready for sale.'

Whilst not a ruling of the SC (ie an opinion of the Dean) the elements of the Deans opinion have now been complied with, specifically the sim has been 'constructed in compliance with the approved design' and 'all rights to the intellectual property used in the development are licensed to the CDS'

IP Agreement Dougga

License Agreement

Agreement, between Bromo Ivory ("Developer") and The Confederation of Democratic Simulators (CDS), dated 6/30/2014.

CDS is an organization created to occupy and develop certain sections of the Second Life grid in a cooperative fashion to be governed in a democratic manner. (Collectively referred to as the "Sims.")

Developer has been or will be involved in the design, construction and placement of buildings, natural features, furnishings and/or scripted objects for the Sims. (Collectively the "Property")

Developer and CDS wish to establish rights and responsibilities with regard to the Property and the Sims, and agree as follows:

1. Cooperation. The parties agree to work cooperatively in completing construction of the Sims.

2. Meetings. Team meetings consisting of Builders and the CDS, or designated representatives of the CDS, will be held to determine assigned responsibilities for the construction of the Sims. Developer agrees to attend such meetings whenever possible.

3. Consideration and Transfer of Rights. The Executive shall provide such materials and instruction as may be necessary and helpful to Developer to complete tasks assigned. In exchange for instruction, the right to construct and display Property, and participate in the development of the Sims, Developer, upon completion and placement in the Sims, grants a non-exclusive license in all Property created by Developer for the Sims, to the CDS.

4. Property List and Components. To the extent possible, Builder shall provide a list of all Property transferred, including the name and source of non-copiable individual components (such as textures and animations) which are not transferable for archival or reconstructive use to the CDS The intent of this provision is to allow the CDS to reconstruct property that may be damaged or destroyed at any point in time. The Property and components shall be listed n Exhibit A, attached to and incorporated in this agreement by this reference.)

5. Non-exclusive License. To effectuate the transfer of the rights and property and provide for the maintenance of same, Developer shall provide, by sale for zero lindens, ($0L) to such Avatar specified by CDS specifically for such purpose, copies of all Property with full permissions designated. Builder's name shall be retained as creator on all Sim records and shall be available to anyone inquiring. The parties agree and understand that Builder is granting a non-exclusive license to the intellectual property rights in the Property, limited only as specified in this Agreement.

6. Names. CDS retains and reserve all trademark rights, if any exist, in the names of the Sims, including, but not limited to, Neufreistadt, NFS, Colonia Nova and CN, Alpine Meadow and AM, Locus Amoenus and LA, Dougga and the names of buildings or structures created as part of the Property. Developer releases all such name rights and does not share in those rights by virtue of this project.

7. Completion. Upon transfer of the Property , Developer agrees to make no modifications, deletions or movement to the Property, unless requested to do so by the CDS or it's representatives.

8. Payment. CDS agrees to a one time payment of 1L$ in full consideration of the licenses granted in this agreement.

9. Limitations on Use. CDS shall not copy, sell or distribute the Property other than as may be necessary or practical for use in the Sims, or such other use in the Second Life Grid, for historical, marketing or informative services related to the Sims, (such as Second Life Birthday Celebrations) without prior approval of Developer. CDS may move, modify, or delete Property from the Sims as it deems appropriate, or as shall be requested by purchasers of Sim parcels or other authorized parties.

10. Arbitration. Any disputes arising from this agreement shall be resolved by binding Arbitration. Should Arbitration become necessary, each party shall choose an Avatar in Second Life independent of them and their organizations. The chosen Avatars shall choose a third Avatar together. The three shall agree upon rules, process and timing of proceedings. All parties consent to the judgment of the Arbitration as final and binding.

11. Effective. This agreement shall be effective upon delivery for Property not placed in Sims on the date of delivery of the Agreement. For Property already located in the Sims, this Agreement shall be effective upon acceptance and return to the Chancellor. Failure to accept and return the agreement may, at the discretion of the CDS, result in removal of the Property from the Sims. This Agreement may be publicly disclosed by either party.

12. The Developer shall further agree to give the CDS an unlimited, non-exclusive license with regard to all intellectual property used in the build, and shall warrant to the CDS that the developer has ownership, permission or other rights to use and transfer all intellectual property rights used in the build.

CDS
By Ceasar Xigalia
Chancellor
Developer
By Bromo Ivory

Accepted on 1 October 2014

Appendix A Items transferred - All items in the SIM called "Dougga"

Ceasar Xigalia
Chancellor CDS

-----Original Message-----
To: C Xigalia <[email protected]>
Cc: bromo33333 <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, Oct 3, 2014 3:56 am
Subject: Re: Dougga

In consideration of the fact that your previous instruction of this sort:

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 551#p32569

was subsequently determined to be inappropriate and contrary to CDS law:

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 593#p32875

I have appealed to the SC for a determination as to whether the instruction in the foregoing email is appropriate and in conformance with the wording and intention of the relevant CDS law.

Sudane........................................
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Chris Xigalia <[email protected]> wrote:

Bromo, Sudane,

I have completed the final inspection and have approved the sim (Symbiosis) to be known as Dougga. Bromo has officially declared that he deeds the sim to CDS. This is posted on the forums under the executive thread.

Please arrange to move the sim known as Symbiosis from its current location to a position to the north and adjacent to CDS Colonia Nova. Please change the name from Symbiosis to Dougga.

Please arrange for Rudeen to place Hippo payment boxes adjacent to each parcel in the sim and for these to be added to the CDS Hippo system under Rudeens name.

regards Ceasar Xigalia,

CDS Chancellor

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Current Covenant - Dougga

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

The Confederation of Democratic Simulators is the oldest democracy in Second Life. Originally founded in 2004 as the City of Neualtenstadt in the Anzere region, the Confederation of Democratic Simulators (C.D.S.) is now a five-region community operated by the citizens. The five C.D.S. sims are: Neufreistadt, Colonia Nova, Alpine Meadows, Monastery and Locus Amoenus. The sims have loosely based Germanic or Roman themes, representing different historic periods. We are not a role-playing community.

General CDS Covenants (These covenants apply to all CDS sims)

By purchasing this parcel of land, you, the owner, understand and agree that you become a voting citizen of the community of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators (C.D.S).

As a member you agree to abide by the rules and laws of the community as displayed on the C.D.S web portal, http://www.slcds.info, as well as by the terms of use for this parcel of land.

Your status as citizen in this community is dependent on your making regular payment of the monthly fee for this land, which will be reclaimed by the community if you do not make this payment. Tier fees for each CDS parcel are listed here. Responsibility for monthly fees continues until a new owner claims or you officially abandon the property. It is your responsibility to inform the treasurer of changes in ownership. Tier fees are paid to C.D.S. and not to Linden Labs. The two tier systems are totally separate. You do not need a Premium account to become a citizen in C.D.S. and your land allowance from Linden Labs Premium status does not apply to and is not credited towards ownership of land within C.D.S.

BUILDING

1. All buildings in C.D.S must be physically plausible, based on the architectural technology of the historical period and culture of the C.D.S. sim in which the property is located.
2. All structures are subject to review by the Executive branch. Upon completion of exterior construction, notice shall be delivered to the Chancellor for approval. If no approval or request for revision has been given by the Chancellor within 15 days from the date the notice of completion is delivered to the Chancellor, the building shall be deemed approved. In the event that the Chancellor announces in advance, a period of absence no longer than one week, reviews initiated within that period will be stayed until the end of the absence. Builders also have the option of submitting plans to the Chancellor for pre-approval.
3. Certain structures in each sim can only be modified with prior approval by the Executive branch.
4. Terraforming is allowed only at the tolerances specified for each sim. Adjustments to land to accommodate complying structures will be made by the Executive or appointee of the executive and should be requested by note card. Terraforming requests beyond the stated tolerances are at the discretion of the Executive. Parcel borders defined by water cannot be altered. Land cannot be raised over or submerged under water.
5. In order to reduce lag, when building a house or large object, it is recommended textures must be no larger than 512 x 512 or equivalent.
6. No default plywood textured prims can be left in place longer than 24 hours
7. Skyboxes are permitted above 512 m in altitude. Skyboxes must not extend into other citizen’s privately held parcels. Skybox prims are allowed to extend up to 4meters over government owned area but must be linked to a root prim inside the parcel so as not to count against government prim allocation.
8. Builds erected prior to the enactment of these general and sim-wide covenants are exempt from these restrictions.

SCRIPTS AND PARTICLES

1. Excessive script usage adversely affects sim performance and is not permitted. The determination of excessive is at the sole discretion of the Chancellor.
2. Scripts which use llListen (voice command) are permitted if they listen only after a touch and then deactivate after a certain period of time.
3. Scripts that spy on other residents, record or transmit chat, spy on movement/activities are not permitted with the exception of visitor counters, item givers, statistics collectors, etc., which may be used for commercial purposes within a public, commercial establishment.
4. Private security scripts must only be used above 512m. They must not range beyond the owner’s parcel borders and must give intruders a 30-second warning prior to ejection.
5. Ban lines are not permitted. Parcels must be set for public access on the access tab of About Land. As a land owner you are allowed to ban individual avatars from entering your land, but please do not ban all. Use courtesy and common sense.
6. Particles can only be used in effects that have real-world analogies, such as lights, smoke, and fire. Particles should be set no higher than 10 particles per second. Floating, particle emitting and rotating signs are prohibited.
5. Scripts and particles attached to avatars are unregulated.

USE

1. An individual can own a maximum of 8 C.D.S land parcels and cannot own more than 8192 m2. Land ownership restrictions include any land donated to group-owned land in C.D.S. Additionally, some zones within individual CDS sims have specific parcel ownership restrictions.
2. No outdoor hot tubs are permitted. No weapons are permitted. No SL or RL commercial pornography is permitted.
3. All clubs are subject to review by the Executive branch. Normally only one club per sim is allowed and that on terms negotiated in advance with the C.D.S and enforced by the Chancellor.
4. Commercial functions are allowed if falling within the theme of the sim, or failing that, be kept to interior spaces.
5. Land purchases made prior to the enactment of these general and sim-wide covenants are exempt from these restrictions.

Actions taken by the Executive pursuant to these covenants may be appealed to the Scientific Council. The Executive branch may waive any provision according to the powers conferred to him/her by the Representative Assembly.

TERMS OF SERVICE

All terms and conditions of service set forth by Linden Lab, both in their official Terms of Service (TOS) and in all official blog posts, forum posts or other official statements regarding policy, allowed behaviour and terms of service must be adhered to first and foremost prior to the application of this covenant. Under no circumstances does the C.D.S permit any behaviour or actions not permitted by the Linden Lab TOS or publicized policy. These covenants are subject to change from time to time as the elected governing bodies see fit. Changes shall be effective upon publication.

Specific Sim-Wide Covenants

Dougga

Dougga is inspired by the town Dougga, Tunisia, as it was in the Roman era.

Dougga has zones which are used to define expected appearances of builds and/or different administration of land. The zones are: Zone R (residential), Zone M mixed residential and commercial

Terraforming is not allowed.

All the buildings exteriors must be built in pre-industrial materials, namely:

Structural elements can be stone, brick and terracotta
Roofing elements are terracotta
Flooring elements can be terracotta, stone, brick or mosaic tile; wood for upper floors.
Wall elements can be stone, brick, terracotta, stucco or frescoed stucco.
Door and window elements can be wood or metals (iron, brass). Glass is acceptable in small panes.
Decorative statues can be stone, brass or chryselephantine (ivory and gold details). Other decorative elements must be rendered in one or more of the above materials.

Dougga parcels all have government easements. Citizens may want to own adjacent parcels to take advantage of additional space and prims. To accommodate these desires, a variance request may be filed with the executive, the variance may allow an extension up to 4meters beyond each parcel’s borders between two adjoining parcels owned by the same avatar. A variance request may also be filed with the executive to allow prims to extend up to 8 meters beyond a parcel’s boundaries in order to create stairs or paths between a private parcel and a government road. All variance requests are subject to review and approval by the executive. Prims that extend beyond parcel borders must be linked to a root prim inside the parcel so as not to count against government prim allocation. Prims may not extend over other citizen’s privately held parcels, government roadways or park lands.

Skyboxes must not extend into other citizen’s privately held parcels. Skybox prims are allowed to extend up to 4meters beyond parcel boundary into government owned area but must be linked to a root prim inside the parcel so as not to count against government prim allocation.

Private security scripts must only be used above 1000m.

Scripts that generate machine chat shall be confined to only being heard on private parcels, either by limiting the range in the script or setting the About Land settings to confine object messages to within parcel borders.

Particles should be set no higher than 10 particles per second and range shall not exceed beyond 4 meters outside parcel boundary without executive approval.

Zones and Typologies

Zone R (Residential use) Residential only. Commercial activity is prohibited. Buildings must be consistent with Classical Roman style. Structures may be no taller than 20m. There must be a minimum of 3 trees per 512m2 of plot area. Parcels larger than 512m must have 10% of the land dedicated to garden or patio. Skyboxes no lower than 1000meters. Plots in this zone are named R.XX.

Zone M (Mixed use). Commercial and residential use. Buildings must be consistent with Classical Roman style as expressed in an urban environment. Structures may be no taller than 20m. Skyboxes no lower than 1000meters. Plots in zone M are named M.XX.

(any zone) 320m : Ownership of 320 meter parcels in Dougga is limited to one per citizen (i.e. an avatar with voting rights).

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: Dougga Sim Advisory Committee

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Ceasar Xigalia wrote:
Ceasar Xigalia wrote:

The following citizens have been invited to join the committee:

Arria Perrault (SC member)
Butterfli Summers (new citizen and Lindenlab featured sim designer)
Dawg (new citizen)
Gauis Tiberius Curio (Citizen and visitor to RL Dougga)
Gwyneth Llewelyn (RA member)
Lam Erin (citizen builder, CDS estate manager)
Sonja Strom (former Chancellor and CDS estate manager)

The following note card was posted to the Dougga Sim Advisory Committee on September 20th 2014

Arria, Butterfli, Dawg, Gaius, Gwyn, Lam, Sonja,

I would like to invite you to visit Dougga over the next few days to help advise me as Chancellor. Please let me have your feedback.

Regards Ceasar

And on October 9th 2014 the following note card was issued to the DSAC.

Dougga Sim Advisory Committee

Arria, Butterfli, Dawg, Gaius, Gwyn, Lam, Sonja,

I would like to invite you to visit Dougga over the next few days to help continue advising me as Chancellor. I would ask you to send me all your recommendations by 3pm Sunday 12th October 2014. If I don't receive a recommendation from you by Sunday I will take this to mean you have no specific recommendation.

I will compile those recommendations and make them available to the DSAC.

I call a meeting of the DSAC on Tuesday 14th October 2014 at the Dougga sim

Ceasar

Ceasar Xigalia,
Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

I was very sorry to hear that Bromo has decided to withdraw his offer of a sim for the expansion of CDS. This offer was always Bromos to make and until fully accepted and transferred to CDS was his to withdraw. I fully support his decision to withdraw his offer.

Unfortunately the reactions and vocal expressions of part of the CDS community have overridden the stated will of the majority in the last election to have CDS grow by at least one sim. I fear that we will not see another sim join CDS this term, maybe not for a number of terms.

I therefore dissolve the Dougga Sim Advisory Committee and wish to thank those who have worked hard both before and after the SC injunction to provide advice and assistance to me as Chancellor.

Ceasar Xigalia,

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”