Sim Expansion

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Sim Expansion

Post by Beathan »

I would like to call the question on Sim Expansion and pass the following at the next RA meeting.

1. The Executive shall set aside funds to purchase a new sim.
2. The New Sim shall be Bavarian-themed, as is Neufreistadt. There shall be a design competition for specific Sim design. Citizens who wish to submit a plan shall submit a plan to the RA. Such plans shall be submitted by March 17, 2012,
3. The RA shall then consider the plans and vote on them. The plan that receives the most support shall be implemented by the Executive, who shall purchase a Sim and coordinate with the Artisanal Collective for that purpose.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Sim Expansion

Post by Rosie Gray »

For information on the commission's survey to citizens on the questions of if we should purchase a new sim or sims, and what themes they should be, please refer to this thread: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3751

The commission has not concluded yet nor reported its findings to the RA.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Rosie Gray wrote:

For information on the commission's survey to citizens on the questions of if we should purchase a new sim or sims, and what themes they should be, please refer to this thread: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3751

Rosie,

I am aware of both these things. The survey was the source of my claim that we have a majority that supports expansion and a plurality that supports the Bavarian theme. (To be fair, I commend you for doing the survey -- and having at least one productive meeting). I think that we have enough information to move forward now, even without a final report.

Frankly, I am tired of waiting for the interminable process you seem to have put in place (after your initial, well-conceived, useful efforts -- in the form of the survey), especially now that you have added this crazy and useless "visioning" process to it (I get the impression that you oppose expansion and dislike the result of your own survey, trying to thwart the will of our community by sidetracking your own process). That is why I am calling the question and doing so now. There is no reason for us to wait, and commissions should be given their head only as long as they are useful and proceeding in the right direction. Your commission no longer fits that description.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Beathan wrote:
Rosie Gray wrote:

Rosie,

I am aware of both these things. The survey was the source of my claim that we have a majority that supports expansion and a plurality that supports the Bavarian theme. (To be fair, I commend you for doing the survey -- and having at least one productive meeting). I think that we have enough information to move forward now, even without a final report.

Frankly, I am tired of waiting for the interminable process you seem to have put in place (after your initial, well-conceived, useful efforts -- in the form of the survey), especially now that you have added this crazy and useless "visioning" process to it (I get the impression that you oppose expansion and dislike the result of your own survey, trying to thwart the will of our community by sidetracking your own process). That is why I am calling the question and doing so now. There is no reason for us to wait, and commissions should be given their head only as long as they are useful and proceeding in the right direction. Your commission no longer fits that description.

Beathan

Your impression is wrong, Beathan. I do not dislike the result of the survey at all, and I personally love the idea of expanding. What I am trying to do is be fair and have enough discussion that someone doesn't come back and say that everything went forward without enough due process.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

I apologize if I misjudged you. You and I are like oil and water -- we approach things very differently and value very different things about the CDS. What you criticize me for are things I consider to be unimportant; and what you miss in my criticisms shows that my criticisms are equally off what you consider the mark. Fair enough -- the CDS needs all kinds. Lord knows, it needs kinds other than and in addition to me.

However, on the Sim expansion, I think we have enough information now to proceed that your call for "visioning" is a red-herring sidetrack. If it is not an intentional act of delay (and I will take your word on that), then it is an accidental misstep and a mistake. In any case, we can and should proceed now.

Beathan

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”