Summary Citizenship Transparency Commission 20 Jan 2012

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Summary Citizenship Transparency Commission 20 Jan 2012

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

The Citizenship Transparency Commission held its first meeting yesterday in the Praetorium, Colonia Nova. The full transcript is here.

Summary of conclusions:

• The consensus seems to be that we ought to have citizenship derive from land ownership (and possibly tier payment), the principle seems to be (at least) one plot = one citizen = one vote; that citizens could (should?) be clearly identified by ownership in the 'About Land' tab; that we need to sort out if citizenship begins on purchase or on first tier payment - both options have advantages and disadvantages, many of which are technical in nature. We need to come to an agreement on this perhaps via further discussion in the commission or here on the forums.

The consensus also seems to be to abolish group land ownership, partner citizenship and sponsor citizenship and to investigate who would be affected by this and allow for some kind of transition in time for the next set of elections.

I will report back to the RA on this at the meeting later today. I think we probably need at least one more commission meeting to wrap up the discussion and consider how we might technically achieve the implementation of the principles discussed at the meeting.

Last edited by Patroklus Murakami on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Re: Summary Citizenship Transparency Commission 20 Jan 2012

Post by Shep »

Thanks again for chairing the meeting Pat .. I thought it was a very positive meeting with most of us in general agreement ... a good sign for a speedy conclusion :mrgreen:

Also a good way to engage all citizens in decisions ... the forum is great .. and helps with varying time zones lol .. but you can't beat a 'live' one ;)

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..

Return to “Legislative Discussion”