Texture contest

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Texture contest

Post by Rose Springvale »

The Colonia Nova Texture Contest is underway.... and all guild members are eligible! Personally, I'd hate to see us go outside of CDS to acquire textures with so much talent here... so please send in an entry!

If you don't have time to do them all, but have an idea, submit that please!

Rules are here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 002#p13002

solomon mosely
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Re: Texture contest

Post by solomon mosely »

hi rose, would it be a good idea for a contestant to meet with lilith and i about the structures and see what we're working on to develop textures that might best suit the structure?

or should that not be a concern?

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Solomon, that's up to Rose. For what its worth, my advice would be not to to complicate the contest by adding a layer of process.
The intent of the textures is to be useful for all buildings of the sort currently visible on the Cardo (main commercial urban roadway). Also, as we have it now, you and Lilith are eligible :) And "[email protected] symo" of course has curated a photo exhibit on this very topic (79 AD), so if we receive plausible entries and select from them, I suspect he has plenty of expertise.
regards JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Winner for Colonia Nova Texture Contest

Post by Jamie Palisades »

We would like to thank all of the entrants to the Colonia Nova Renovation Texture Contest.
The winning entries were supplied by our own Moon Adamant. Congratulations to her.
Thanks also to Symo Kurka for serving as my fellow judge.
The texture set is on display at the Colonia Nova Forum crossroads and the Locus Amoenus dockside temple.
Copies are available to any CDS resident from myself, Rose Springvale, Symo or Moon.
(We do not post them for freebies because they are intended for the benefit of CDS citizens only.)
Warm regards, Jamie

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

Thanks everyone! :)

Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

Oh, btw and before i forget, the textures are optimized for a 6 metres high wall. This means that the bars, frieses, windows etc are set so that in a wall that tall, they're at good height. 6 metres is a confortable height for SL camera, that's why i chose that measurement as a sort of standard (also see Symo's videos on building).

Eudaimonia now!

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”