Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

CN City SE Corner Redeployment Workgroup

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hello all,

As decided in today's Board meeting, i am calling the workgroup for the rebuilding of CN City SE corner.

This workgroup will have as goals:

- build the spaces comprised in the re-deployment plan, according to:
- the proposal: http://docs.google.com/Presentation?doc ... ttfd&hl=en
- the budget: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... 2Ddw&hl=en (a note should be made here that the Executive hasn't yet approved this budget, more on that later on.

- the organization, as per Symo's suggestion, of a contest of roman urban textures, comprising:

Creators and builders should compete with:
- at least three textures for external walls/facades
- at least one texture for roofs
- one for ceilings
- two for internal walls
- two for pavements
- one for external pavements

WG meeting times will be scheduled as people join the WG. Please answer this thread if you are interested in participating.

Thanks!

Eudaimonia now!
Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: CN City SE Corner Redeployment Workgroup

Post by Jamie Palisades »

As the Guild knows, the government has been delaying taking any actions on the SE quadrant of Colonia Nova walled city, due to the Guild's ongoing interest in improving it.

The various notes and maps uploaded in slideshows are not all clear to me, and I have not yet been given access to the Google Docs building budget spreadsheet so have nothing to approve. However, two Guild members were kind enough to get together with me today after the meeting, explain the plan, and tolerate some dumb questions.

Moon's textual description of the building plan mentions only new structures for the garden (obviously marked) and "two insulae" in an unspecified place. May I assume that these are for the two new South lots, which may be marked C14 & C15 (hard to read on the slide)? If so, can we go ahead now and re-plot and sell the three NORTH lots? There also is some unclear Guild conversation about the "Corda" spaces .. which I would think means C12 and C13, even though the relevant street points East & West. And maybe also the smallest little lot north of the park. Is there a plan or desire to build something to replace the old big toga shop building on these, too? Or not?

If not, I'd like us to start selling those three, please, but I need an answer first.

Thanks as always to the Guild for their contributions.

Regards Jamie

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hmmm, i must really stop doing these drawings in CAD, they're difficult to read.

Jamie, the two plots that will need intervention are those marked in the plan as C12 and C13. They are made of the old C11, C12 and C13, arranged so that the new plots are bigger and can eventually be bought by the same owner. This is in conformity with what was discussed at the Guild at the time.
Plots 14 and 15 are 'stable' - meaning, they do not not exceed plot borders as the current toga shop does and keep distinct facades - thus making it possible to realize that they're two different plots. One of the points of intervention was in the sense that the current toga shop building does not allow perception of the plots beneath it.
The tiny plot is the temple, which needs more room - also one of the points for this intervention.
The rest of the re-deployment concerns the creation of an alley/public garden till the city walls.

This is then what we propose to build, and please check the budget also posted in this thread:
- insula C12
- insula C13
- garden/alley
- necessary terraforming

It is up to you now to accept our budget or refuse it, totally or partially. Depending on your reply, the workgroup will then perform the necessary interventions.

Eudaimonia now!
solomon mosely
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by solomon mosely »

whenever this gets underway, i would like to take part. the alley/park would be especially fun i think but, i'll do whatever i'm told.

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

I would like to take part also. I´m still a newb working in a group, but I think I´m not so bad with building and texturing and will do whatever I´m told also. :wink:

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”