The shores of Monastery Lake

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

The shores of Monastery Lake

Post by Delia Lake »

Recently at the request of the RA and the Chancellor I updated the Monastery Waterfall. The scenic design is inspired by the Swiss Alpine Reichenbach Falls. If you're interested, here are some pictures of that beautiful place. https://bit.ly/2Svpfw0

Even before starting on the waterfall, a number of people asked about whether we might update the shores of the lake, removing the wooden walkway and replacing that with a natural, walkable alpine type shoreline much like the rocky shore of the undeveloped areas of Lake Brienz, Switzerland. The intent is to make a natural, attractive transition between the bottom of the waterfall area and the shoreline of the outlet river of the lake that connects to the Rhenus. The LUC asked that I post my proposal here. If you have comments or questions, please post them as a reply to this thread within the net two weeks.

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: The shores of Monastery Lake

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

Dear Delia, i appreciate your initiative very much. The shoreline of the monastery lake is possibly a bit out of date. To be frank, the straight pier next to the waterfall does not disturb me at all, but I would like to see the cylindric island with the tree and the two bowed catwalks connected to it vanish asap.

Let me point out that this correction can not be done properly without taking the ongoing "Old Sluice"-Project into account, which is kind of overlapping. I highly recommend you You and Almut meet and have a civill exchange about both of your plans to come to a coordinated result.

I would imagine the natural shoreline you have in mind could make an attractive contrast to Almut's walled up waterside artifact she needs there to motivate the walkway to the orphaned parcel.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Yes, please go ahead with this shoreline improvement, Delia. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together with this and with Almut's sluice project!

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Almut Brunswick
LRA
LRA

Post by Almut Brunswick »

A small update in between: Delia has meanwhile taken away the cylindric island while the Old Sluice peninsular is meanwhile in place. The decorative tree on this island may find a new home on the peninsula which surely will help to integrate it more in the landscape. The next steps will be to implement the bowed walkway to the parcel and the straight walkway between main road and peninsula. As soon as both will be in place, Delia and Rosie will surely do a great job to arrange the shorelines and plants in an organic way.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”