Proposal to update waterfalls Alpine Meadow & Monastery

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Proposal to update waterfalls Alpine Meadow & Monastery

Post by Rosie Gray »

We have an extensive waterfall system in both Alpine Meadow and Monastery that has been a part of the landscape since the regions were created. Recently there have been some new Skye Waterfall, highly detailed mesh components available that I propose we use to replace the existing, older waterfall systems.

Sudane has created a small waterfall using this system already, on her private parcel in Friedsee, if anyone would like to see what they look like. The parcel is in the corner of Friedsee at the border to Neufreistadt.

My proposal is that Delia and I would redo the AM and Mon waterfalls and attached river systems with these new mesh systems. There would be no changes to the path taken by the water - just upgrading the look of it all.

The updated mesh can also be seen on Marketplace here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/N ... on/5196721 I will use finances from the CDS budget to purchase this kit for Archie to own.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Proposal to update waterfalls Alpine Meadow & Monastery

Post by Lyubov »

Very nice and I think this will be a wonderful update to our system. This is a slurl to Sudane's sample in Friedsee, on a small bridge at the base of the waterfall and the path to NFS, http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/F ... 241/74/111

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

I agree! I believe this is a very nice update. I have only question: is the waterfall able to be modified for our seasonal changes, such as with fallen leaves and ice?

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

They are modifiable, and come with different textures and a menu to use them. I don't think they are seasonal for adding leaves and ice though. The pond areas can freeze over but we've not added leaves on rocks or made the waterfalls freeze before. I've never seen any product in SL that would allow that.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Em Warden
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Em Warden »

I am looking forward to the proposed upgrading of the waterfalls. And we don't have to bother about ice on the waterfalls- they hardly ever freeze over since the water is constanstly moving...

When you go through hell- keep walking!

Winston Churchill

Return to “Sim and City Planning”