Colonia Nova Forum updates

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Colonia Nova Forum updates

Post by Rosie Gray »

In conjunction with Sudane's project of the CN Fishing Village, the LUC also proposes to update the centre of the walled city.

The main forum roads and public plaza area are now dated as they reflect the ‘ancient Roman’ theme that CN used to have. I propose to redo this area to update the roads. They should be lowered so that there is a ‘step up’ into buildings, and have softer, more rounded edges so that they look like the ancient Roman, but lived on for centuries. I’d like to change up the textures as well to more accurately reflect roads.

I also want to include some kind of central plaza so that it’s not just a huge open area. One idea is a small fenced or walled park with one ancient tree and perhaps a chess set and couple of chairs.

Also included will be rebuilding and anchoring of the ‘stalls’ buildings in section S, which are the buildings adjacent to the central forum area.

See document here for further details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iPU ... sp=sharing

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Colonia Nova Forum updates

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

That sounds like a lovely idea, well many lovely ideas.

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Em Warden
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Em Warden »

These are indeed interesting times :) I can't wait to see what the LUC will create in the near future.

I couldn't find any folder with inspirational photos in the link that was provided, but I fully trust the good taste, knowledge and skill of Rosie and her LUC collegues.

When you go through hell- keep walking!

Winston Churchill
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Sorry about that Em, I should have provided a link to the entire folder so that you can see the images as well. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Sim and City Planning”