Friedsee Build Plan & request for volunteers

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Coop
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Friedsee Build Plan & request for volunteers

Post by Coop »

Good morning!

The chart for the Friedsee build plan is here

I went out to 24 days on the chart. Hopefully it will go much more quickly than that. I chose this timeframe so we can be within one cycle of tier. If the build crews complete ahead of time, the next task can drive on and be ready ahead of time.

The individuals that have already been identified as working on an assigned task have been put into the chart. What I would like is anyone who is interested please contact me at rcgsl25 at gmail dot com so I can add you to the chart. Since this is going to be a time sensitive project, if you volunteer for a job and cannot fulfill the task within the timeline assigned, you will be replaced. If we don't get enough volunteers, or if a particular area is open, I will find someone to take the position.

Once the initial team is assigned, and the sim arrives, then we can start putting dates in. The building crew will have the advantage of being able to start working offsite to get ahead of the terraformers. Since the Executive is responsible for the project as a whole, I will be watching to make sure we stay on task and to help out with any problems that come up. I will be contacting the team for an update on progress on a regular basis and to keep the project plan updated.

Last edited by Coop on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
I now lay down the command of my legions and retire to private life. Marcus Licinius Crassus
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Fridsee Build Plan & request for volunteers

Post by Sudane Erato »

Just a correcting note. Name of the new sim, I think, is:

FRIEDSEE

Sudane......................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Fridsee --> Friedsee

Post by Rosie Gray »

A small correction: the spelling for the sim is FRIEDSEE. It is translated from the German to Peaceful Lake.

For reference, the region specific covenant is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O-H ... sp=sharing
The parcel breakdown and map is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Friedsee is an Alpine, central-European, rural themed sim featuring a 1920’s era airport and ski lodge. Buildings in this zone resemble styles of alpine Europe and should aim to link visually with the styles of Monastery and Neufreistadt. The time period is indeterminate.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Nick Mammoth
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Friedsee Build Plan & request for volunteers

Post by Nick Mammoth »

Sorry folks, I posted here in error, I re-posted this same thing to general discussion where i believe it should be.......I really would like to be involved with the new sim work. My interest is primarily in the airport and ski lodge to be built on public lands. Being that the sim is to be in a 1920's rural setting I'm wondering what the vision is for this. First, Is the airport meant to compliment the ski lodge like an arrival point for tourist? Or will the airport be a stand alone build separated by some natural setting? Second, do we want the airfield to be historically accurate? If so then we will see bi-wing aircraft on a grass runway with only a few support structures ( mechanic shop, office / lounge, and some fueling equipment ). I believe zeppelins were around then, maybe a zeppelin and/or balloon sky tours using pathfinding would be really good. ( I do have a blimp and have flown over cds a few times, it really is scenic from altitude) The idea of using a rather large chunk of the new sim for public-use / attraction space is absolutely the right path for CDS . The ski lodge and slopes must be first class as it will be what we use to attract new land owners to our community. These are just a couple of my thoughts ..food for thought.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”