Dougga SAC Survey Questions

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Dougga SAC Survey Questions

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

I held an impromptu meeting late 20 Sept. night about questions for a survey to be released later this weekend for the Dougga Sim Advisory Committee. The meeting was chaired by me, Gaius Tiberius Curio, and attended by Catz Jewell Lane, Dawg, Andromeda Mesmer, Molly Medier, Bells Semyorka, CLEOPATRA Xigalia, Butterfli Summers, and Moonrise Azalee.

The meeting decided on 10 questions to ask citizens to guide the construction of the Dougga sim, authorised by the Chancellor. Questions with asterisks (*) are qualitative questions, allowing for freer responses, or will have a qualitative section.

1. What sort of public spaces would you like to see?*
2. What type of zoning do you prefer? (mixed business-residential, entirely residential, don't care)
3. How important is the breakeven to you? (important, indifferent, unimportant)
4. Would you prefer prebuilt homes like inner city Colonia Nova, choosing a home from select options like Locus Amoenus's fishing village, or building your own home, or a mixture of all three?
5. How lenient would you prefer the time period to be? (Restricted to century, Restricted to historical era, Restricted to the Classical period, Indeterminate time period)*
6. How lenient would you prefer the theme to be? (Restricted to Roman North Africa, Restricted to broadly Roman themed, Restricted to Classically themed)*
7. Would you be interested in an opening ceremony? If yes, what sort? (Yes, No)*
8. What is important to you when choosing a home?*
9. Do you want proper animations in public seating? (Yes, No)
10. Would you prefer Dougga to be an Adult sim? (Yes, No)

If you have further questions you would like to ask, please reply below.

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Dougga SAC Survey Questions

Post by AbbyRose »

Public spaces for people to be able to come together, rezz temp objects to play together, and spaces for events and entertainment.
2. What type of zoning do you prefer? (mixed business-residential, entirely residential, don't care)
mixed
important
4. Would you prefer prebuilt homes like inner city Colonia Nova, choosing a home from select options like Locus Amoenus's fishing village, or building your own home, or a mixture of all three?
Build our own homes.
5. How lenient would you prefer the time period to be? (Restricted to century, Restricted to historical era, Restricted to the Classical period, Indeterminate time period)*
Intermediate
6. How lenient would you prefer the theme to be? (Restricted to Roman North Africa, Restricted to broadly Roman themed, Restricted to Classically themed)*
lieanent It's a hard theme to deal with.
7. Would you be interested in an opening ceremony? If yes, what sort? (Yes, No)*
Yes!
It is important to be able to make your home unique, even when having to comply with a restricted theme.
Yes
Sure, maybe it is time for one, however I am unsure Dougga is proper for adult.

Do Good. Be good. Try to be happy.
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

A new, low-lag auditorium for VS, so it could be held on the ground. Perhaps a park; we have plenty of public spaces available in the CDS already.
Entirely residential
Unimportant
Prebuilt homes and building your own home
Restricted to the Classical period
Restricted to the Classical period
Yes — a triumphal march, Return of the Legion!*
I would like to see smaller parcels also available
No (at least, make the animations in public seating have an option for 'no animation'
No, moderate is fine

*I always loved military parades ;)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Just to clarify, this thread is for adding any additional questions to the survey we might want addressed in the survey you create correct?

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Correct, Moon. It is not for completing the survey.

si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Bells Semyorka
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Bells Semyorka »

1. What sort of public spaces would you like to see?
Sandbox type area where residents can rezz freely for parties events or building unpacking ect.

Residential and public land...Please for the love of CDS no more shops.

unimportant

No Pre-built home. Shove the sim and theme down our throats..fine, but give us the option to freely choose which design we want to live in. Instead have a list of suggested builders and builds you automatically approve so we don't have to go through the headache of getting approval from EXE.

Who cares, Roman is bleah.

Same as above....bring on the TOGAS! (sarcastic)

yes please. with some type of Olympic torch and fireworks

Textures, Color, Prim count

no

yes

“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Oops sorry Gaius.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Gaius, can we see the results of the survey, please?

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Hi Rosie, I've only received 15 responses so far — I think that's too little to release the results yet. I will remind people to complete the survey and then publish the results this weekend, if not by Friday. I want to make sure that the 30 people CLEOPATRA has surveyed have also had a chance to complete this survey as citizens.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Guillaume Mistwalker wrote:

Hi Rosie, I've only received 15 responses so far — I think that's too little to release the results yet. I will remind people to complete the survey and then publish the results this weekend, if not by Friday. I want to make sure that the 30 people CLEOPATRA has surveyed have also had a chance to complete this survey as citizens.

Ah yes, the '30 people'. That would be interesting.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

ooh hey, where is the survey? i cant find a link to it anywhere?

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Rosie Gray wrote:

Just because it is innuendo instead of an outright accusation doesn't give it a "pass". Why not just say it, Rosie? Why not just say you think Cleo is lying? Because that is slander whereas innuendo is not? Do you really believe that? I do not.

Calling someone a liar or posting blatant innuendo with meaning that is obviously the same without proof is slander. I do not know what it is like in Canada, but calling someone a liar in the U.S. is one of the worst insults a person can give.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

Bagheera wrote:
Rosie Gray wrote:

Just because it is innuendo instead of an outright accusation doesn't give it a "pass". Why not just say it, Rosie? Why not just say you think Cleo is lying? Because that is slander whereas innuendo is not? Do you really believe that? I do not.

Calling someone a liar or posting blatant innuendo with meaning that is obviously the same without proof is slander. I do not know what it is like in Canada, but calling someone a liar in the U.S. is one of the worst insults a person can give.

Why doesn't Cleo just name the 30 people? If she alleges that she conducted a survey with the obvious expectation of influencing the rest of the public opinion in CDS, then it is completely legitimate that she should be asked to substantiate her claims. Otherwise her survey is just a Pepsi commercial. If the 30 people were for the new sim, they probably would not mind letting CDS know who they are. To the contrary, if they are people with a certain amount of charisma in CDS, they might even attract more interest. So I don't think it is a case of calling Cleo a liar, rather if she really wants to use her survey as a way of making the rest of us move towards accepting Dougga under its present conditions, then it is in Cleo's own best interest to make known the conditions of the survey (was it a random sample, or just talking to her friends? how many of the people are CDS members and how many potential members?), how it was conducted (was it a single unbiased question, or was it in the context of a conversation or meeting or party? did she present it in oppositional terms, or as a simple undirected question--for example, there is a huge difference between, "do you want a new sim?", "do you want a new sim that does not conform to the survey conducted by the RA-designated commission?", or "do you want a new sim no matter what and in spite of an {hypothetical} entrenched opposition to any growth in CDS?" Each question would lead to very different results.), and who are the 30 people? If she doesn't or can't, then the obvious conclusion is that it is an unsubstantiated and probably methodologically flawed survey, and should have no representation nor bearing on how people in CDS think or should think about the new sim. You say liar, I say really really bad science.

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Cadence Theas wrote:

...If she doesn't or can't, then the obvious conclusion is that it is an unsubstantiated and probably methodologically flawed survey, and should have no representation nor bearing on how people in CDS think or should think about the new sim. You say liar, I say really really bad science.

I disagree with your conclusions.

If a person "does not,", there are any number of reasons beyond the limitations inherent to a "cannot" that make saying "the obvious conclusion is unsubstantiated and probably methodologically flawed" an inaccurate one. Based on that logic, our elections which are built on the foundation of an anonymous voting system are "obviously unsubstantiated and probably methodologically flawed."

A more healthy response, in my opinion, might be to take the information Cleo has offered under advisement and not discard out of hand that Dougga might be a very good thing for CDS which might have a strong basis of support that you are not in a position to see.

Bromo is taking all the risk at this point, so why not watch and see how things unfold instead of - as some are doing - resorting to catcalls from the peanut gallery.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon

Return to “Sim and City Planning”