Dougga SAC Survey Questions

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Dougga SAC Survey Questions

Post by Rosie Gray »

Bagheera wrote:
Rosie Gray wrote:

Ah yes, the '30 people'. That would be interesting.

Just because it is innuendo instead of an outright accusation doesn't give it a "pass". Why not just say it, Rosie? Why not just say you think Cleo is lying? Because that is slander whereas innuendo is not? Do you really believe that? I do not.

Calling someone a liar or posting blatant innuendo with meaning that is obviously the same without proof is slander. I do not know what it is like in Canada, but calling someone a liar in the U.S. is one of the worst insults a person can give.

I didn't call her a liar with my innuendo, Bags. What I was doing was 'calling her out'. Either supply adequate and documented responses, or she can shut up with her 'innuendo'. That is what it is if it isn't substantiated.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

Bagheera wrote:
Cadence Theas wrote:

...If she doesn't or can't, then the obvious conclusion is that it is an unsubstantiated and probably methodologically flawed survey, and should have no representation nor bearing on how people in CDS think or should think about the new sim. You say liar, I say really really bad science.

I disagree with your conclusions.

If a person "does not,", there are any number of reasons beyond the limitations inherent to a "cannot" that make saying "the obvious conclusion is unsubstantiated and probably methodologically flawed" an inaccurate one. Based on that logic, our elections which are built on the foundation of an anonymous voting system are "obviously unsubstantiated and probably methodologically flawed."

A more healthy response, in my opinion, might be to take the information Cleo has offered under advisement and not discard out of hand that Dougga might be a very good thing for CDS which might have a strong basis of support that you are not in a position to see.

Bromo is taking all the risk at this point, so why not watch and see how things unfold instead of - as some are doing - resorting to catcalls from the peanut gallery.

We do NOT know if the 30 people are CDS residents or not.
We do NOT know if the 30 people are friends of Cleos or not.
We do NOT know what the question she asked is, if it is a leading question or an unbiased one.
Given these three facts, the survey as a measure of CDS public opinion is completely bogus and hardly a reliable instrument on which to base any decision. Unless of course, Cleo gives us the details. Even as an advisement it is of questionable use since we do not know if the respondents were from CDS or not. And the issue, which I imagine Cleo did not ask, is not if a new sim is good for CDS which, I think, all of us agree that it is, but rather if an unconsulted sim that does not conform to the RA Commission survey results is good for CDS.

As I said, it is not good science. But let me check with 30 friends to be sure.

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

The survey results returned back with a total of 27 results. Not quite the 30 people were hoping for and, so, I think it's fair to say that others' lack of belief in CLEO's informal 30-person poll was quite justified.

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)

Return to “Sim and City Planning”