Dougga VS 'anything'

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Dougga VS 'anything'

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Do we have to have something that looks so empty and unoccupied?
Can't we have a Norte Colonia or something? A different land that is rolling hills but has a mildy more 'inhabitated' look?
I have no issue with the layout as Bags has offered, but something that will allow more aesthetic residential builds would be great.
Can we, the people NOT have a say in this?
How about based on Bracciano, that lies to the northwest of Rome with a volcanic lake, and old castles and lovely hills?

Or Cassel, Nord - founded by Romans, laying in Northen France.

Or Lindum Colonia - a town in the Roman Province of Brittania -- give it a British flair!

Can we not branch out a bit from the CN look and if we must have Rome, make it a bit more unique and adaptable?

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Dougga VS 'anything'

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

Completely agree about making it unique. If there is consensus and interest in it, Moon, I will suggest a broader inspiration for Dougga: a tribute to the cultures impacting Dougga, from the Numidians and to the Romans and Carthaginians (Italians/Latins and Phoenicians/Semitic peoples) and to a sim possibly also broad in time, like Locus Amoenus.

As a democracy, I can not adequately advise the Chancellor if there is not some element of democracy. That's why I intend to use the same instruments the RA's sim commission used to gauge public opinion.

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Unique and livible.
share some images of the kind of homes people would have to live in..that in itself says alot.
If we wanted just a sim of archeaology, it should just be a scenic.

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

No no, I definitely don't want an 'archaeology region' :) I believe some people were a bit thrown off by the pictures, because Dougga is a well-preserved historical site today (while when we did Colonia Nova, for instance, we had to get inspiration from existing Roman structures still in Köln). I'm sure that 'ruins in the desert' (well, not quite desert) is boring and definitely not intended; the inspiration will mostly be 'Dougga as it stood in the Xth century', not 'the ruins of Dougga today'.

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Return to “Sim and City Planning”