Locked Land Again in LA?

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Locked Land Again in LA?

Post by AbbyRose »

Why is there land locked in Locus again? Who voted on locking down the land?

Do Good. Be good. Try to be happy.
AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Locked Land Again in LA?

Post by AbbyRose »

I am really unsure if I can do this correctly.....https://www.flickr.com/photos/121448659@N03/ It is a pic of Locus from above.
It's been home to some of us since last October. When the land was unlocked by Tor, we expanded. We are not trolls. We are real life people that came to CDS, met people we like and wanted to make homes here and give back to the community. Each of us are individuals. We have our own real lives and Second Lives. We come together for friendship, and to explore and have fun with new friends.
When I was new, I asked Tor to come to the Quay. I had seen a little shop there that was locked. We talked and walked. We sat by the beach and talked more. I loved LA as it was. Tor trusted us enough to unlock it and in we came....the newcomers....Were we really that bad? There is a video of a Halloween party. We had a Beach Boys Beach Party. We helped with the Ball. Are we "trolls"? Do we deserve that title? If so, why? We came to a community hoping for friendships, and have found friends. That is why we continue to stay here. People are most important. We rolled with the changes, not fully understanding the political aspect of it all, but trusting those who contacted us......the people that took the time to talk and explain, and the people that showed up to get to know us and have fun together. Those are the people I trust.
After seven months I see some parcels shut down again in LA. I am asking why and who authorized it? (I wouldn't have known to ask seven months ago. Tonight, I ask.) I am sharing a pic of the unfinished LA with you. I think it's beautiful and can be even better when completed.
It will be beautiful. But what makes any place beautiful is not the buildings. It's the people. It's the friendships. Please, don't lose sight of that. We are real in this virtual world. People's souls do shine through.
signed: AbbyRose

Do Good. Be good. Try to be happy.
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Hi Abby; I went to have a look at the locked land in LA to see what you meant, but the only parcels I see locked still are the ones where the fishing village is meant to go and isn't done yet. Is there somewhere else you are referring to?

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Hi.

I would like to have this issue put on the next RA meeting agenda please Shep.

I also saw a parcel locked in LA last night separate from Abby as I didn't see her last night.

I am interested in the RA clarifying legally when a chancellor or a land manager is allowed to lock land. At the moment we know that the large reaching chancellors power has meant a chancellor can lock parcels at will. Since we don't have one now I assume ... correct me if I'm wrong ... that any land manager or estate manager can lock parcels. Locking to reserve the land for a specific individual or to keep cds from getting tier ? Why ? Do we need an emergency RA meeting g to clarify amd rectify the situation ? And since two of the people capable of this action sit on the RA. Rosie and Tor ... how do we rectify issues with people with estate tool rights that are in question.

I saw a parcel locked down in LA. . Could someone tell us all what's going on.

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

There's nothing untoward going on here so no need for panic. The only locked parcels are where building is unfinished in the fishing village.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Last night one of the boat slips was locked.

Cleo

Return to “Sim and City Planning”