Citizens of Locus Amoenus and Redevelopment

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Citizens of Locus Amoenus and Redevelopment

Post by AbbyRose »

It has been brought to my attention that we citizens of LA have not let our feelings about the redevelopment be known.
It is really hard to comment on the future plans because I haven't seen what compromises the guild and chancellor has come up with
as far as the land, and who will get what, and in what order.
When Tor opened the Quay to us, we were told that the land would be changed to a Tuscan theme, which is fine. I now
own four parcels in Locus; one 512 and three 1024. I saw Calli's plan, Rosie's plan, and Bagheera's plan. We were made aware
we could lose certain parcels with the redevelopment. I do not want to lose my land, or prim, or have to pay a higher tier.
None would want to.
If a parcel is taken with the redevelopment, I'd expect a comparable parcel at the same price, prim, and with the same tier. Example:
If I am forced to move from a 512 waterfront parcel, I'd expect to be moved to another 512 waterfront parcel.
Perhaps other citizens living in LA would like to post their views as well?
Thank you, AbbyRose

Do Good. Be good. Try to be happy.
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Citizens of Locus Amoenus and Redevelopment

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Exerpt from RA minutes of January 11, 2014.. ( some edits made to remove logins and logouts, hi's and bye's)

[2014/01/11 15:30:29] Shep (shep.titian): Rosie do you want to say any mmore on the state opf play re LA?
[2014/01/11 15:30:32] Pip Torok: then I hope for it to happen and be seen to happen quickly
[2014/01/11 15:30:52] Rosie Gray: yes I have some updates re the LA redo
[2014/01/11 15:30:55] Rosie Gray: thanks Shep
[2014/01/11 15:31:33] Rosie Gray: as soon as we can reach agreement on how many parcels, what size, and how much their tier will be
[2014/01/11 15:31:47] Rosie Gray: I think we are very close to being able to complete the project
[2014/01/11 15:32:04] Tor Karlsvalt: /me smiles
[2014/01/11 15:32:12] Rosie Gray: there has been a lot of talk about people who are resident of that sim being 'put out' of their parcels
[2014/01/11 15:32:25] Shep (shep.titian): It will be a relief lol
[2014/01/11 15:33:05] Rosie Gray: I have done a map of who owns what parcels, and between Tor and I we have spoken to almost all of the few people that would have to actually move, if we go with the way the guild's plan is now
[2014/01/11 15:33:37] Rosie Gray: pardon... just getting that list so I know what I'm talking about
[2014/01/11 15:34:00] Rosie Gray: there are 6 parcels that would be affected

[2014/01/11 15:34:08] Pip Torok: /me notes that none have a yet spoken up for themselves, so wonders if there are any
[2014/01/11 15:34:40] Rosie Gray: they are all on the side of the sim where the quay is
[2014/01/11 15:34:47] Rosie Gray: the other side, nobody would be affected
[2014/01/11 15:35:18] Rosie Gray: there are a couple more people to discuss this with.
[2014/01/11 15:36:18] Rosie Gray: I just wanted it on the record that the plan does not displace anyone against their will, and it only really needs to move 2 people who have items on the ground
[2014/01/11 15:36:26] Rosie Gray: the rest have nothing on the ground
[2014/01/11 15:37:03] Rosie Gray: so, as soon as we can meet with Bags, the sooner we can wrap this up and actually get the work done
[2014/01/11 15:37:08] Rosie Gray: done
[2014/01/11 15:37:10] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[2014/01/11 15:37:26] Tor Karlsvalt: /me raises hand
[2014/01/11 15:37:30] Shep (shep.titian): Thank you Rosie
[2014/01/11 15:37:35] Shep (shep.titian): Tor
[2014/01/11 15:38:16] Soro (soro.dagostino): Hello All
[2014/01/11 15:38:23] Rosie Gray: /me waves to Soro
[2014/01/11 15:38:26] Soro (soro.dagostino): sorry to be late.
[2014/01/11 15:38:34] Tor Karlsvalt: I just wanted to agree with Rosie about people not having items on the ground. It seems that several residents are using skyboxes and probably are agreeable to changes on the ground.
[2014/01/11 15:38:40] Tor Karlsvalt: done
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Exactly which 6 parcels in LA will be affected and exactly how by the new plan?

2. Will the tier be the same as it is now or will it or parcel sizes change?

3. Can we see all transcripts of the Guild meetings that were held since the beginning of this term? Where are they located ? I asked to join the guild and have not been invited to any meetings since the term began. Where are these transcripts posted? Or were the meetings all private, closed meetings ? Just wondering

4. What does this actually mean?
When Rosie says: our plan does not displace anyone against their will ( at the time she said it , btw, she had not talked to AbbyRose who owns four parcels in LA. And if abby didn't know how did you make this statement?
[2014/01/11 15:36:18] Rosie Gray: I just wanted it on the record that the plan does not displace anyone against their will, and it only really needs to move 2 people who have items on the ground

please explain. Does this mean it does not displace anyone, or that it does not displace anyone against their will from what you told then and how you interpreted their answers ? Your plan will if I understand it, Rosie, actually require AbbyRose to move her buildings but you hadn't spoken to her when you wrote the above quote?

5,Are there 2 citizens in LA who have no items at all on the ground ? If their parcel lines are moved and their teir changes, they know they have to move items in the air also and pay higher tier ? If we don't know the tier changes how can we know no citizen is affected against their will ? Did they say they will pay whatever it takes ? ( I wasn't there so I don't know what was said to who )

6.If 6 citizens will be moved in the guild plan and Rosie has only spoken to 4 of them then 1/3 of the people who will be affected by the changes the guild proposes have not even been spoken to by the leader of the guild ? Who btw is an RA member.
Is that correct ?

Cleo
Lady observer
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Lady observer »

Hello people of CDS,
When i first came to cds i instantly fell in love with Miss Sudanes build an the quay. I seen the beauty in it... that those of you had failed to see ,an why,ill never know.
"Now if your planning on using higher tier fees etc for land that hasnt been bought or owned,then at least plainly state that,that would be much appreciated as well." I have also seen the maps,of what you ALL want .............
But, do you live here? Do you own land here? Would you pay higher tiers ? The designs are much appreciated an i am sure it took time. Have you asked US the people of LA ,what we would change,or would like to see? People get into a rush to do things an forget one thing......Consideration of others. I would like to see a beautiful huge fountain that has grapes an vines hanging on it. A Big beautiful sign that
says WELCOME TO LA . Designed with the grapes . A beautiful vineyard, .....we the people of LA do have voices.....we are not trolls that live under the bridges here.
We own land,pay tiers,come to ra meetings we vote, we do activities,an at least try to see others enjoy fun things. So do not over look us ....an assume we are ok with things an do what ever.
Unless you live here or spend time with us,how will you ever know? How do you know what we appreciate here? I think the ra, an bags an the people of LA need to get together an have a meeting on this an make it a wonderful,beautiful project. We are not trying to halt things,but it is OUR home, an we of anybody should be more involved with ideals an such,more then others.
Now that i have used my voice, spoken my opinions about my home an the homes of others who live here, I also want to thank everyone who made maps an invested thier time ,for the great plans
for LA just remember the considerations for those who call LA home. Now that i have spoken here i am going to be posting another forum about....well i guess you will need to take the time an read
an find out . May everyone be safe,an have a great one....

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

I would like to propose that there be a meeting at least two "town hall meetings" at Euro and US time friendly times.. this weekend with the available Government officials AND the Citizens of Locus Amenous.

Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Newcomers are being led to believe there is some dreadful conspiracy going on to deprive them of their land and generally treat them badly. Calls for a town hall are unnecessary and simply provocation to drama.

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

It seems we need a reminder that the discussion regarding redevelopment of Locus Amoenus goes back a couple of years. For the newer members of our citizenry, going back to review these threads will answer many of your questions such as; why do we want to redo LA, what consultation with the citizenry has taken place; and where reference materials for review are:

1. Thread re Locus Amoenus by former Chancellor Trebor Warcliffe in 2011: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3517

2. Threads re meetings held by former Chancellor Tor Karlsvalt in 2013: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3982 and here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3921

3. Thread by me where maps were provided for citizens to view, posted Nov 25, 2013: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... ent#p21038

4. and the actual folder of maps here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

5. Reference images for the new Tuscany theme here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

There have been other postings by other people as well, so overall there has been a huge amount of discussion on this project.

Again, let me assure those concerned that from the Guild's point of view, and from the RA's point of view, that the aim of all of this is to improve the sim. This means that we want current residents of the sim to be happy! Guild members have been speaking individually with the current parcel owners of LA that would be affected by the guild design, explaining the concept in detail and options available to the individuals.

I encourage everyone with an interest to read all of the above threads, and please contact me directly with any concerns you may have.

Thank you for having the patience to read all of this information. :D

Kindly regards,
Rosie Gray,
Guildmeister

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Thank you, Rosie. That was effort well spent in providing facts.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

there cannot be too much information or communication ...

The Chancellor is hosting a ................

TOWN HALL MEETING

The Chancellor hosts a Town Hall Meeting for the citizens of Locus Amoenus from 3:30 until 5:00 pm

January 17 , 2014

Historical Library and Welcome Center in Locus Amoenus

Citizens who own land in LA, are invited to bring your questions and concerns to the chancellor at this meeting.

If you are not able to attend send questions to Bagheera by notecard or IM to be answered at the meeting.

Cleo

Return to “Sim and City Planning”