Proposal for NFS-east new sim design

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Proposal for NFS-east new sim design

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Timo, I love the idea of the Königsee. Most appropriate.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

I think both of the plans are great ! Thank you Timo and Rosie for working on this.. and everyone else who is helping.

Cadence, I don't think we will have a "large influx of new people". We will probably see most of the parcels purchased by current citizens who would like to have more land and more prims... .. but, I thought we wanted more citizens, isn't that the point of getting a new sim! If all of us start now explaining CDS to people we meet in sl and at places where we go and say we have been sold out for a while but will have a new sim soon.. and that we are about to celebrate the 10th anniversary.......If new citizens will come via everyones efforts and we will have balance. If we each introduce one new citizen, we would need more than one sim!..

Cleo
Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

I don't think we will have a "large influx of new people". We will probably see most of the parcels purchased by current citizens who would like to have more land and more prims... .. but, I thought we wanted more citizens, isn't that the point of getting a new sim! If all of us start now explaining CDS to people we meet in sl and at places where we go and say we have been sold out for a while but will have a new sim soon.. and that we are about to celebrate the 10th anniversary.......If new citizens will come via everyones efforts and we will have balance. If we each introduce one new citizen, we would need more than one sim!..

Regardless of whether we have 1 or 2 new sims, and regardless of whether many new people come or not, I think the only fair way to distribute the properties in the new sim(s) is via a lottery system. It is the only mechanism that guarantees total impartiality to potential, new and established residents. A list should be compiled of interested persons prior to the opening of the sim(s), which would then be administered through a third party lottery system. Not every one of the established residents would be interested (I for one am happy with my house in NSF), but any other sales mechanism would only result in land speculation and accusations at the government of the moment of lack of transparency.

Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Timo Gufler »

Cleo, you have admirable marketing skills and I really hope, we all could find new citizens. In 2010 I introduced the CDS to handful of outsiders, but none of them really got interested in the idea of living in a virtual democracy instead of the prevailing "feudal lord" way of living. Maybe you could teach to us (or at least to me) marketing sometimes. :)

Cadence, the lottery idea sounds fair, and I assume, it will be in effect until the new sim is officially opened to the public. Let's hope, that there could be more outsiders than existing citizens buying new parcels, when the new sim becomes ready one day. I agree, that transparency should be our high-priority goal, to avoid disappointments and fighting.

I'll try post an updated version of the east map soon, because the current one doesn't have as accurate contour curves as the proposal for NFS-west. It was also suggested, that there could be a museum inside of the city walls. Some other minor corrections should be made too. I'm open to any suggestions and ideas, to improve the proposal.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”