Proposal for NFS-east new sim design

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Proposal for NFS-east new sim design

Post by Rosie Gray »

I have drafted a proposal for design of the new East-Neufreistadt sim. You can view it here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByGHT47 ... edit?pli=1

I've had a little feedback already, so would make a few adjustments based on them:

• move the library closer to the college

• take out the road inside-adjacent to the city wall on the lower right side of the drawing

Please note that I have done this drawing by 'eye' as a concept, but that the actual number of fachwerk and exact allocation of Schloss land would need to be determined. I've not drawn in the estates outside of the walls or 'prim plots' either, but the idea is that they would be similar to the existing NFS sim.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Proposal for NFS-east new sim design

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

I have also drafted a proposal for NFS East. I have provided a link to a jpg version and a pdf version. I have to say I like elements of both my design and Rosie's design and would be very comfortable working with both designs to incorporate them as one.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8zbEvp ... ItMXM/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8zbEvp ... 0yT1U/edit

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Trebor I think you have to set access to your documents to "anyone with the link", as I am unable to see them.

~ Tommy Douglas
Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

I do like the design. Very nice :)
Are we going to have the same problem with prims though? Many little houses, but not enough available prims to turn them into homes?
Having the available prims to actually get creative with the place adds so much more character and depth to a place, rather than just many houses with a chair or a sign inside.

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Moonrise,

Very good question. NFS East will be a double prim sim whether we use my version, Rosie's version, or a combination of both.

Trebor

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

I have also put forward a plan, mostly using the prim-rental ability of the new tier system. We have ordinary residential lots in other sims. I think the new sim should try something else.

New ideas in my proposal --

1. Dorm style housing -- allowing citizens to live together in the same building, each with a customizable dormroom or other living space with a prim allowance.
2. Large eduational buildings -- allowing for more educational use than I think is allowed in the other proposals.
3. Flexible commercial use aimed to events and event-related commerce, rather than permanent commercial uses such as we have available in other sims (with limited, even little, success).

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Thank you very much for the response Trebor.
Such a very exciting time :)
I was hoping to view your documents as well, but they seem to be set to private.

Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

My apologies I thought I had already taken care of this issue. I have now allowed public access to both the PDF file and the JPG file of my proposal.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8zbEv ... zNBX3ItMXM

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8zbEv ... FJsa00yT1U

Trebor

Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Bagheera »

Lovely to see so much thought going into this. One pragmatic thing to think about, from my own experience, - anything that is not on the XYZ axes, such as the lengths of 45 degree angle walls, can be unpleasantly difficult for tenants that have to deal with them. Also the triangles going into corners create mostly unusable space, or space that has to be used in a customized application (so best only used for permanent, planned for installations). Just my 2-cents *smiles*

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Reposting mt proposal:

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t40 ... tation.jpg

I just realized that I designed by Sim as NFS West, not NFS East. Based on that, I would be willing to withdraw it and submit it as part of an expansion in that direction or as part of a more deliberate effort to specifically create education/university space.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Beathan wrote:

Reposting mt proposal:

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t40 ... tation.jpg

I just realized that I designed by Sim as NFS West, not NFS East. Based on that, I would be willing to withdraw it and submit it as part of an expansion in that direction or as part of a more deliberate effort to specifically create education/university space.

Beathan

Beathan I'm so glad you clarified that! I was quite puzzled as to how the design was meant to fit with the existing NFS, but now I see what you were thinking, basing it being on the 'other' side.

~ Tommy Douglas
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Trebor Warcliffe wrote:

My apologies I thought I had already taken care of this issue. I have now allowed public access to both the PDF file and the JPG file of my proposal.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8zbEv ... zNBX3ItMXM

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8zbEv ... FJsa00yT1U

Trebor

Trebor I can definately see how your ideas and mine could be pulled together. They are very similar as it is.

~ Tommy Douglas
Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Timo Gufler »

Here are my "two cents" about the Neufreistadt East design. The proposal focuses on residential buildings and doesn't expand the Schloss to the east. There are many non-orthogonal angle Fachwerk parcels inside the city wall, that not all may like. I lived in a house where all furniture had to be roated by 35° and didn't consider that as a big issue. Some vocabulary:

Bibliothek = library
Pferdestall = stable
Mühle = mill
Warte = watch tower

Please, consider this just as a draft.

Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Timo : I quite like that layout. The bodies of water are lovely. Looks like there could be some very nice nature/greenspace areas.

Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Cadence Theas »

Timo Gufler wrote:

Here are my "two cents" about the Neufreistadt East design. The proposal focuses on residential buildings and doesn't expand the Schloss to the east. There are many non-orthogonal angle Fachwerk parcels inside the city wall, that not all may like. I lived in a house where all furniture had to be roated by 35° and didn't consider that as a big issue. Some vocabulary:

Even though I was hoping for NSF West, I like this idea a lot and it does have the advantage of allowing for a large influx of new people.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”