1. Reclassify NL 4-6 Financial Reserves Act as Archaic

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

1. Reclassify NL 4-6 Financial Reserves Act as Archaic

Post by Lyubov »

Earlier this term, the 32nd RA made cosmetic changes to the act, updating references from "City" to "CDS", and agreeing to revisit this Act later. I now propose that NL 4-6 Financial Reserves Act be reclassified as "Archaic", as part of a package of measures including updates to NL 5-5 Treasurer Act and NL 5-6 Estate Owner Act.

NL 4-6 Financial Reserves Act may be viewed at https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-4-6-fi ... erves-act/ It requires a separate "reserve account" to contain "enough funds to pay all recurring CDS expenses for a period of two months absent other income".

Since NL 4-6 was first passed in 2006, CDS has been fortunate to accrue a reserve fund, well exceeding two months of expenses. In an ongoing effort to improve manageability and transparency, these funds will no longer held in a separate "reserves avatar" account. Instead, all CDS funds shall be held in the "Estate Owner avatar" account. The publicly available monthly financial reports produced by the Treasurer clearly show these amounts under "Current Assets", allowing any Citizen to directly assess the CDS financial position.

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: 1. Reclassify NL 4-6 Financial Reserves Act as Archaic

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

I support moving that act to archaic - first of all the treasurer should, and does keep us updated about important trends, and second, since the numbers are public, anyone interested can look them up theirselves.
Poor performing of a treasurer can not be balanced by coding every single detail of the job. We should avoid to write manuals instead of laws ;)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: 1. Reclassify NL 4-6 Financial Reserves Act as Archaic

Post by Rosie Gray »

I agree with what Tan said, that we can't and shouldn't be trying to write into law a manual for a job. Let's move this to archaic.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Legislative Discussion”