Moderator: SC Moderators

Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

8 - 31, LUC Meeting Minutes

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission – Meeting Minutes
Sunday November 8, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Em Warden - Citizens Rep, Sudane, Brooke - RA Rep, Mizou - Secretary
Guests: Tor, Lilith

1. Call to order: 12:01

2. Discussion and approval of today's agenda: The Agenda was amended to add New business under 5 A, ‘Signage for road names at LA and CN’ and was approved at 12:12 by all except Delia, who missed the discussion due to RL.

3. Discussion and approval of the recent meeting minutes (October 18, 2020): approved by all at 12:14

https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9623

4. Old Business:

A. Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery:
Brief status update (Almut)

• Almut set up the peninsula and fixed some blurry textures; all textures now implemented diffuse, specular and normal maps.
• Delia had already removed the small roundish island and the wooden walkways
• Rosie has already embedded the peninsula in the landscape
• The next part made in the same style will be the straight walkway between the main road and the peninsula.

Delia: I thought you had said the textures were going to be made look old and worn. Is it aged now?
Almut: I added a water rim to represent the differing waterline, the level meter is aged, the ladder steps are rusty, the tiles of the walkway are aged and post-processed in a way that a repeating pattern cannot be seen so easily and the raw texture has gotten an over-rendering in Blender to extend the light effects on the walls.

Delia: second question is will there be an extension going off the round part going toward the parcel and if so when? I'm asking so I can plan when to finish the lakeshore landscaping. I have some big trees.
Almut: yes, Delia, I will create the second walkway roughly following the lake shore up to where the "For Rent" sign is placed

B. LA Coast Line Renewal project for the southwest corner
Status update (Sudane), proposal: visiting the construction site

• The section has been set up as specified and everything is parcelled and again on the market.
• We have 4 tenants and 21 parcels.
• It was clearly understood that we chose the theme as compatible and available and quickly assembled and we hope that builders might step up and perhaps begin to replace unoccupied builds with custom builds in similar style or if not, something approved by whoever approves.
• Some ideas for change: adding green as in trees, plants in pots, to deflect the very brown and poor village look.
Important note:
• To change the Tuscan / Mediterranean theme, we need to change the covenant first.

5. New Business
A: Signage for the road names at LA and CN:

• Mizou will have a meeting about the signage with Rosie and start working on it.
• Almut asks to rename Marketplatz to Marktplatz so that it is actual German and not Deutlish 😊

6. Miscellaneous

• Tor has contacted the Lindens about joining CDS sims to the main SL land and provide a channel to sail to the main SL sailing sims such as Blake Seas.
• Sudane notes that there can be problems with the level of land between CDs and main SL land.
• A few years ago LL instituted a "Community" project where you could apply to attach
• A forum post will be set up
• This is something for RA to discuss.

7. Next Meeting:

- Proposal approved by all for Sunday, November 22, 12 PM SLT

8. Adjourned at 13:27

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”