Moderator: SC Moderators

Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

8 - 16, LUC Meeting Minutes

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission
Sunday August 16, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Sudane Erato, Em Warden, Brooke - RA Rep, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Ritchie
Guests: Lyubov, Rosie, Tan

1. Call to order at 12:06

2. Discussion and approval of today's agenda on notecard: approved and voted by all at 12:19

3. Discussion and approval of the recent meeting minutes (July 26, 2020): approved and voted by all at 12:21

Reference: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9549

4. Old Business:

A. Suggestions for additions to LA port area: Status report:
I. Postpone topic until analysis of prim-saving possibilities is done – Sudane will work on that ‘as she always keeps track of available public prims’.
II. Note 1: all buildings on LA are ‘anchored’ as in ‘rooted in public land’ so no owner needs to devote prims to their build.
III. Note 2: the build on LA facing the harbour has historic value and should be kept
IV. Prim savings 1: Change the horse rezzer to a low-Li one – suggested by Rosie

B. Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery: Evaluation of the Excursion, status report

I. Proposal ‘Old sluice’ from Almut:
a. Link to a prim mockup picture of Almut's "Old Sluice":
http://almut-brunswick.de/Bilder/LA_Mon ... Mockup.jpg
b. Plus points of proposal: Almut saw ‘that the wall on the other side of the narrow channel and thought that it already was the corresponding counterpart to her construct proposal’ and that the ‘the old sluice is long out of use, hence there is already a shore with plants etc’, which Sudane remarked ‘would hide possible region border texture mismatches’.
c. Building requirements: mesh made by Almut, Li count no more than 10 to 12 (Rosie).
d. Monastery Lake re-name suggestion Almut: ‘Klosterschleuse’ ( Monastery Lake Sluice) + new path name ‘Klosterschleusenweg’. Too long for some, much of a mouthful for others, left to debate by the ‘Roads Committee’.
II. Next steps ‘Old sluice’ proposal:
a. LUC members have agreed and voted unanimously for Almut to prepare a substantial (visual + textual) proposal for the missing roadway.
b. Presentation of proposal to forum by Almut
c. A 2-week public discussion time on forum
d. The proposal submitted to the RA
e. On approval from RA start building/texturing the old sluice

C. Proposed changes on the LUC Law and Civil Service Act Law: Status of the Forum discussion
Reference: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9527
I. Almut wants to create her own proposal on the forum

5. New Business:

A. Regions waterfalls: Status report (Rosie & Delia): Delia: Rosie and I decided to use Archie for the river prims so that the CDS will own the rivers, not us. As soon as Rosie is finished with AM I will update Friedsee waterfalls and all.

B. Road/path mesh project (Sudane; Post on forum is called: ‘Roads, yes, but not the names’): to be discussed at next meeting

C. Friedsee Lake: Investigation of modern water textures and the possibility of enabling swimming (on request of the RA, July 28, 2020)

I. Delia: It is swimmable already and has been since beginning, the thing is that there no general/global scripts for swimmable and the swim anim must match the scripts.
II. The swimmable script is in the current water prims. Rosie: we could also put down a couple of items with swim scripts in them... water toys or boats
(Note Mizou at time of writing minutes: I tried to swim in the prim lake with the Siggy Romulus swimmer but it doesn’t work for me.)
III. It is too high an elevation for LL water, this was discussed already at the time of creating FS.
IV. Water texture lake: Delia Lake: as to the water texture for the lake, there are some spectacular turquoise lakes in the Swiss alps such as Oscine. It was modelled after those. We can change it but that is why it is turquoise. Also, Skye has the best water texture so far but only on Skye prims. If we switch to those it will significantly increase the lake prim count.
V. Water lake is 4 single prims, if we were to use Skye water it would be probably 40.
Discussion to continue at next meeting.

6. Miscellaneous
a. Machinima Monastery: As the current monastery is to be replaced by Sudane’s new wonderful build, and archiving the current monastery building is not an option because it was build by different people, a solution would be to create an inworld video, a machinima, to document the current ensemble, which in fact was Arria’s idea 6 years ago, so she asked Almut if a machinima could be created to document the build.
b. Tan and Rosie are supporting the idea.
c. It will be posted to YouTube on Archie Neufreistadt, [email protected] channel, email created by Mizou for CDS portal, a few years ago. Link for Archie’s YouTube channel just created by Mizou https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNksK ... 7LzTsFL0ig , ready to receive any machinima from CDS.
d. New monastery build by Sudane link for visiting: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/N ... 45/20/1985

7. Next Meeting:

- Proposal: Sunday, August 30, 12 PM SLT

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: 8 - 16, LUC Meeting Minutes - Errata

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Errata about anchored buildings
As per RA minutes from 25 Aug 2020 'Chancellor Rosie Gray commented that only the LA Fishing Village is "anchored" so that the buildings do not count toward private lots.'

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”