Veteran debater

7-26, LUC Meeting MInutes

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission
Minutes
Sunday July 26, 2020, 12 am SLT

Land Use Commission
Sunday July 26, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Sudane Erato, Em Warden, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Brooke
Guests: Lyubov

1. Call to order: Almut at 12:08
Welcoming of Em Warden as our new RA citizen delegate

2. Agenda per notecard: Moved by Sudane at 12:13, Em second, voted by Sudane, Em, Almut, Mizou

3. Discussion and approval of the recent meeting minutes at 12:16: moved by Sudane, second Almut, voted by Sudane, Almut, Delia, Mizou, Em

Reference: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php ... tes#p49703

4. Old Business:
A. Situation at the Quays (Mizou & Rosie)
• the Quays: last time we worked on it and added the new median, with map, horse and bicycle
• Curve of the quays + bridge textures: Rosie just brought the curve out a bit more so that it lined up with the roadway and put normal and specular maps onto the bridge and the edges of the curve where they didn't have them before.

B. To be discussed at next meeting
• Suggestions for additions to LA port area:
i. It should be a destination, like a port (Sudane)
ii. A lighthouse with an elevator to the top? (Em)
iii. Add water lapping at the bridge footings (Rosie: not sound as we have that already)
iv. A couple of lamps on the bridge (Rosie)
• Prims in LA: -
i. There is a lack of public prims in LA
ii. Reserve prims in LA: 1200 from Rudeen
iii. We could go around and study ‘prim reduction’ and mesh older things, included landscaping with new lower mesh (Sudane & Delia)

B. Excursion: Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery (hint given by Em):
LM: 􀀀

• RL Reference information and pictures to Almut's proposal for creating an old sluice to solve the situation: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmschleuse
• Parcels with no water access to get access
• Parcels that are roadless
• Creating a sluice way like a canal – border of sluice way could make a nice path
• Public prim issue in FS – only 300 available
• Keep in mind that water prims will be changed by Rosie and Delia which might free some prims and then decide what is feasible
• Status: to wait until the water has been changed and then find other prim savings

C. Friedsee Improvements: Status report
• Lyubov: RA approved the work to FS
• Sudane: work was done prior to approval 😊

D. List of public spaces: Report about the current state (Delia):
• No update: I want to wait on Friedsee and AM until we have completed the region updates so I can put some words in about the features, so in a few more weeks and including Monastery

E. Proposed changes on the LUC Law and Civil Service Act Law: Status of the Forum discussion
Reference: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9527
• Lyubov: From my perspective: The Forum topic continues to develop. Tan created a great first draft. I appreciate all the comments to far and I will work to include these as well; I would like to get an updated draft posted myself (goal is before Tuesday's RA meeting)
• Almut: We do not need to dig deeper into this here. I just do not want to see the changes commented and proposed by people only outside the LUC, because we also are citizens and we all are directly concerned.

5. New Business:
• Regions waterfalls: updating in the coming week (Rosie & Delia) to the Skye Epic Waterfalls The next generation of waterfalls will make a huge difference. Sudane & Delia have been experimenting with it on their own land
• New business for all sims: Sudane: road/path mesh project - To be discussed at the next meeting about the proposed roadway in the NFS valley.
o Post on forum is called: ‘Roads, yes, but not the names’

6. Next Meeting:

- Proposal: Sunday, August 16, 12 PM SLT at the quays on Stella Maris.

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”