How to Buy & Sell Land

Please post your questions and answers here.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Widget Whiteberry
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

How to Buy & Sell Land

Post by Widget Whiteberry »

X-posted from Executive Announcements
All CDS citizens are free to sell all or part of their land holdings privately. This post sets out the steps to make this go smoothly.

For both buyer and seller, transferring parcels from one owner to another is a two-step process, involving the Land Tool and a related Hippo object.

When selling regular plots

1. In the Land Tool (‘About Land’), set your plot for sale and specify your price. If you have a buyer already, insert their name.
2. Make sure you have paid tier to the Hippo box. DO NOT TAKE A REFUND YET.
3. When your plot sells, take your refund from the Hippo box and ask the new owner to pay the box.
4. If you just want to abandon the plot (e.g. to avoid paying more tier) then abandon the parcel and take your refund from the Hippo box. Then please let the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor know so we can set the plot up for resale.

When selling prim parcels (see list at end) different rules apply. These lots are only available to existing landowners in some sims and provide extra prims for the main plot. You can’t build on a prim parcel.

1. DO NOT PUT THE PARCEL UP FOR GENERAL SALE. If a new citizen buys the parcel, they may be annoyed when they find they can’t build on it!
2. Put a notice on the forums, talk to other residents in the sim to see if they want to buy your plot, ask an EM if they know of anyone looking for one.
3. Alternatively, the CDS will ‘buy back’ your plot for a standard price. (See rates at the end). You will receive this price and you can reclaim any tier you have left on the Hippo box. Just ask an EM to do this for you.
4. You can also abandon the parcel if you wish and take a refund on any tier remaining. You won’t get the standard ‘buy back’ price however.

FAQ
Why do I have to pay tier for a parcel I’m trying to sell? Why can’t I just take a refund?
If you take a refund, the CDS gets no income while the plot is waiting to sell. The RA passed a law - The Tier Collection and Land Reclamation Act (link below) - to forbid this practice. Land which is set for sale but where a refund has been taken is regarded as ‘abandoned’ and can be reclaimed by the CDS after 48 hours.

What happens if I just take the refund anyway?
Under the The Tier Collection and Land Reclamation Act your parcel will be considered to be ‘abandoned’ and can be reclaimed after 48 hours. We will try to contact you via IM or notecard first.

I’m a bit behind on my tier. What’s going to happen?
If you have a reason for being a bit behind, please let a member of the Executive Team know. We can try to solve the problem if we know about it in advance. If you fall behind by 14 days or more however, the CDS is entitled to reclaim the land according to The Tier Collection and Land Reclamation Act . We will contact you by notecard or IM to let you know this is imminent but IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE UP-TO-DATE ON YOUR TIER PAYMENTS.

I didn’t get a notecard or IM and now you have taken my land away! What’s up?
Hippo notifications sometimes don’t work. IMs and notecards can sometimes get capped. You can help by a) always having your tier paid on time b) turning on ‘IM to email’ in your viewer preferences so you get messages forwarded and c) providing a contact email address to the Chancellor (Patroklus Murakami) or Vice Chancellor (Bells Semyorka) so we have an alternative means to get hold of you. We will make exceptions for special circumstances but any tier owed will still need to be paid.

CDS Estate Managers

Bells Semyorka
Callipygian Christensen
Delia Lake
Lilith Ivory
Nolligan Nino
Patroklus Murakami
Rosie Gray
Sudane Erato
Tor Karlsvalt
Widget Whiteberry

CDS Prim Plots

Alpine Meadow DH9 and DH10
Colonia Nova R.01-1 to R.01-5
Neufreistadt P280-01 to P280-20

CDS Standard Plot Prices

L$1.5/m2 for Neufreistadt and Colonia Nova
L$3/m2 for Alpine Meadow

Tier Collection and Land Reclamation Act
http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/faqs ... ation-act/

AbbyRose
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: How to Buy & Sell Land

Post by AbbyRose »

Widget Whiteberry wrote:

X-posted from Executive Announcements
All CDS citizens are free to sell all or part of their land holdings privately. This post sets out the steps to make this go smoothly.

For both buyer and seller, transferring parcels from one owner to another is a two-step process, involving the Land Tool and a related Hippo object.

When selling regular plots

1. In the Land Tool (‘About Land’), set your plot for sale and specify your price. If you have a buyer already, insert their name.
2. Make sure you have paid tier to the Hippo box. DO NOT TAKE A REFUND YET.
3. When your plot sells, take your refund from the Hippo box and ask the new owner to pay the box.
4. If you just want to abandon the plot (e.g. to avoid paying more tier) then abandon the parcel and take your refund from the Hippo box. Then please let the Chancellor or Vice Chancellor know so we can set the plot up for resale.

When selling prim parcels (see list at end) different rules apply. These lots are only available to existing landowners in some sims and provide extra prims for the main plot. You can’t build on a prim parcel.

1. DO NOT PUT THE PARCEL UP FOR GENERAL SALE. If a new citizen buys the parcel, they may be annoyed when they find they can’t build on it!
2. Put a notice on the forums, talk to other residents in the sim to see if they want to buy your plot, ask an EM if they know of anyone looking for one.
3. Alternatively, the CDS will ‘buy back’ your plot for a standard price. (See rates at the end). You will receive this price and you can reclaim any tier you have left on the Hippo box. Just ask an EM to do this for you.
4. You can also abandon the parcel if you wish and take a refund on any tier remaining. You won’t get the standard ‘buy back’ price however.

FAQ
Why do I have to pay tier for a parcel I’m trying to sell? Why can’t I just take a refund?
If you take a refund, the CDS gets no income while the plot is waiting to sell. The RA passed a law - The Tier Collection and Land Reclamation Act (link below) - to forbid this practice. Land which is set for sale but where a refund has been taken is regarded as ‘abandoned’ and can be reclaimed by the CDS after 48 hours.

What happens if I just take the refund anyway?
Under the The Tier Collection and Land Reclamation Act your parcel will be considered to be ‘abandoned’ and can be reclaimed after 48 hours. We will try to contact you via IM or notecard first.

I’m a bit behind on my tier. What’s going to happen?
If you have a reason for being a bit behind, please let a member of the Executive Team know. We can try to solve the problem if we know about it in advance. If you fall behind by 14 days or more however, the CDS is entitled to reclaim the land according to The Tier Collection and Land Reclamation Act . We will contact you by notecard or IM to let you know this is imminent but IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE UP-TO-DATE ON YOUR TIER PAYMENTS.

I didn’t get a notecard or IM and now you have taken my land away! What’s up?
Hippo notifications sometimes don’t work. IMs and notecards can sometimes get capped. You can help by a) always having your tier paid on time b) turning on ‘IM to email’ in your viewer preferences so you get messages forwarded and c) providing a contact email address to the Chancellor (Patroklus Murakami) or Vice Chancellor (Bells Semyorka) so we have an alternative means to get hold of you. We will make exceptions for special circumstances but any tier owed will still need to be paid.

CDS Estate Managers

Bells Semyorka
Callipygian Christensen
Delia Lake
Lilith Ivory
Nolligan Nino
Patroklus Murakami
Rosie Gray
Sudane Erato
Tor Karlsvalt
Widget Whiteberry

CDS Prim Plots