Roles and our CDSArchive ...

Please post your questions and answers here.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Pip Torok
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Roles and our CDSArchive ...

Post by Pip Torok »

For all citizens, particularly those in Locus Amoenus ...

Visit the Insulae that Bagheera has recently graced LA with. A tp to Locus Amoenus 154,220,34 will get you there.

You'll see that one of the apartments (P.7a) is now occupied, with a trader who's demonstrating a fine line of offerings in the "Skin Trade".

But then you'd be surprised to see who it is : CDSArchive Resident.

I hope it's an oversight, because, to my mind, an Archivist's remit could cover many things, but Skin is not one of them. :roll:

This neighbour would appreciate a little clarification! ....

Pip Torok

PS. My thanks go to Rose Springvale, who once gave me a most valuable tip, and that was to invest one's avatar with the very best skin money can buy.

Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Roles and our CDSArchive ...

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

Here I go again having to waste my valuable SL/CDS time dealing with BS that has already been addressed.

Pip wrote:

HEY PIP, remember the August 4th RA meeting where you interuppted me in the middle of my Executive Report to bring up an issue that wasn't an issue? You know the one where you said you were showing a newbie some land and the tier pricing was no where to be found when in actuality all one has to do is click on the Hippo For Sale Sign?

Trebor Warcliffe: I am working on bringing in affiliate businesses owned by the CDS government to help increase traffic. The parcels will remain for sale and will have a small sign with something like "Your business could be here"
Trebor Warcliffe: Also I'd love to have someone write some human interest articles about the CDS to be submitted to the popular inworld publications.
Pip Torok raises hand
Trebor Warcliffe: Yes Pip
Trebor Warcliffe: Pip?
Pip Torok: w/eregard to plots for sale .. cd the TIER be made plain as well as the price ... the other day i had to guess an answer to a newbie

When I was able to finish my Executive Report and before the meeting was ended I asked EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE, you included Pip.

Trebor Warcliffe: So no one has no issues with the CDS bringing a bunch of businesses into the CDS?
Trebor Warcliffe: Good
Rosie Gray raises hand
Trebor Warcliffe: Yes Rosie
Shep Titian: Think I;m clear Treb .. just how many affiliates are we getting?
Rosie Gray: I think that the affiliates are a good idea Treb, if that's what you're referring to

Trebor Warcliffe: Alli & Ali is one Im looking at
Trebor Warcliffe: Along with having them in the CDS we will have to market/advertise them to get traffic in here.
Soro Dagostino: RL calls, CYA
Shep Titian: They are good Treb
Trebor Warcliffe: Its not a case of open a business and they will magically appear
Trebor Warcliffe: It needs to be worked
Rosie Gray: well you'll need to adv. them in the classifieds, same as any business
Trebor Warcliffe: Yes
Trebor Warcliffe: And Im trying to deal with the well established businesses so customer service wont be an issue

You'll see that one of the apartments (P.7a) is now occupied, with a trader who's demonstrating a fine line of offerings in the "Skin Trade".
But then you'd be surprised to see who it is : CDSArchive Resident.
I hope it's an oversight, because, to my mind, an Archivist's remit could cover many things, but Skin is not one of them.

SKIN TRADE? Really Pip? Alli & Ali is one of the top hair retailers in SL. The CDS earns 25% for every sale made. When I bring in Excite sex products, sex animations, and adult strip clubs with private VIP rooms in the back than you can accuse me of being the "Larry Flynt of the CDS."

The main "role" of the CDSArchive is to maintain ownership of all CDS assets. Some of these assets earn the CDS revenue such as the 7Seas Fishing Game and the affiliate businesses I am bringing in. By having everything being ran through CDSArchive we have complete transparency.

Now that I've spent the past hour dealing with this post I am now going to go back inworld and spend the better part of the rest of my day setting up more of our A & A Hair Vendors. I'd be more than happy to have anyone interested in helping out in the CDS to come and see me, there's plenty that needs to be done.

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Roles and our CDSArchive ...

Post by Bagheera »

I appreciate what you are doing, however, hair vendors tend to use a lot of sim resources. Could you please limit the prims on each parcel to the prim allowance of that parcel? So many textures in such a small area causes (at least my computer) to struggle. Thank you.

Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon

Return to “Questions & Answers about the CDS”