Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Commission Minutes 17/08/2014

Post by Rosie Gray »

MINUTES OF THE SIM COMMISSION
August 17, 2014, 10:00 am SLT
Rosie's house, NFS

Committee Members Attending: Rosie Gray, Lilith Ivory, Leslie Allandale, Patroklus Murakami
Regrets: Bromo Ivory
Guest consultant: Widget Whiteberry

The meeting was called to order at 10:01 am, slt

1) review the survey
There was a discussion on the survey results, with a slight difference of opinion on how to interpret them.
Discussed were survey results for those interested in mostly land sim vs. mostly water sim, and how many people said they would be interested in purchasing more land vs. exchanging land or just exploring.
Discussion on the possibility of a homestead sim mostly water, but with small islands that could have residents that would pay for the tier, similar to Monastery, or New Toulouse.
Survey results can be seen here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGHT4 ... sp=sharing

Looking through the respondent names, there appeared to be 1 or 2 that were questionable as to if they are citizens.
It was agreed to remove the names of respondents from the survey, and the timestamps from the individual comment responses.
More time is required to study the results of the survey

2) decide on our in-world meeting times and format
It was agreed that all the in-world meetings should have the same questions and format, to keep it standardized.
It was agreed that Leslie will start a google-doc and draft questions related to the survey, and Pat will add questions related to legislation. The rest of the committee will also help with the document, and including Widget as our survey consultant. Meeting times will be worked out on the google-doc to ensure that there is a good spread of times and not overlapping.

3) Bromo's question about allowing anyone (citizens) who wants to to sit into these meetings
After some discussion there was a vote taken: Those in favour of opening the meetings to anyone, vote aye and those not in favour of opening the meetings to anyone, vote nay
All voted nay, and Rosie noted that Bromo would have voted in favour. Question fails.
An explanatory note is added: But to Bromo and those reading the transcript please note it is because we don't want distractions, and need to focus not because there is anything secret going on, and this is a working group. And, just that we want to have wider input but it needs to be structured via the forums and inworld meetings.

Meeting was adjourned at 11:56 AM SLT.

Transcript of meeting can be found here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 055#p31055

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Commission Minutes 17/08/2014

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Thanks for considering the question of having open door or closed door meetings. While I strongly disagree with the other committee members, it was clear I was the only one that felt there was value in it.

I looked over the survey, and when you saw that there were two questions involving "mostly land" -

One was "mostly land and just in SL, and "mostly land, one in SL and another in some other grid" - you see strong support for a full SIM, mostly land, with weaker support for "a sim on antoher grid" "a water sim" and so on. I will look over the discussion, but that would be my interpretation of the data about the SIM. The confusing element was that support for "I want a mostly land sim" was split between SIM in SL, and SIM in SL plus a SIM on another grid"

Seems like most people would bring a friend in to new land, buy it themselves, or exchange land they had for this. I see this as being about as strong a support as anyone would have for the commercial elements, especially when you consider that everyone who answered the survey already has at least 1 plot! :-)

For theme - it does sound like the strongest support was for a Neufreistadt style and/or AM like sim.

I did not detect a very strong water sim contingent the rest of the crew seemed to. I suppose the inworld meetings would too.

Oh, also, so the in world meetings isn't just another survey, I do agree with having standard questions for discussion, I would like to see some "free discussion" - because you never know what will come up in something with a little less control. The spontineity is key in these meetings.

(These are just my inputs. I much rather would have attended the in world meeting than where I was.)

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Bromo Ivory wrote:

Oh, also, so the in world meetings isn't just another survey, I do agree with having standard questions for discussion, I would like to see some "free discussion" - because you never know what will come up in something with a little less control. The spontineity is key in these meetings.

I do expect that other thoughts will be raised in the in-world meetings too Bromo, that's why we need to have them! But, having a standardized format will mean that every meeting will cover at least the same ground, so that when we come together again to compile our findings, there is some structure to it. :D

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Rosie Gray wrote:
Bromo Ivory wrote:

I do expect that other thoughts will be raised in the in-world meetings too Bromo, that's why we need to have them! But, having a standardized format will mean that every meeting will cover at least the same ground, so that when we come together again to compile our findings, there is some structure to it. :D

Excellent. Sounds we're of a like mind. Agree wholeheartedly about having a topic list so we can get comparable reactions!

I'm thinking of bringing doughnuts to the ones' I'm hosting! :-D

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Return to “New Region Commission -21st RA”