Nolligan's Question about Harassment

Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Nolligan's Question about Harassment

Post by Timo Gufler »

Nolligan wrote:

I wanted to post this in the "21St RA and Chancellor Elections ->Questions from Citizens" discussion but that option wasn't available so I will post it here.

Community Standards
Harassment
Given the myriad capabilities of Second Life, harassment can take many forms. Communicating or behaving in a manner which is offensively coarse, intimidating or threatening, constitutes unwelcome sexual advances or requests for sexual favors, or is otherwise likely to cause annoyance or alarm is Harassment.
http://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

1. As an elected representative how will you uphold Linden Lab's Community Standards regarding Harassment?
2. If you knew of an incident that could be construed as harassment using the above definition what would you do?

The problem with harassment is, that often it's hidden from the public, that makes it difficult to prove without intervention of LL. I would encourage anyone facing harassment, to report it to LL and muting the harasser. Of course things will be more challenging, if you have to co-operate with the person inside a community.

I really wish, the CDS could be a harassment-free zone in SL. Everyone has a right to be respected and treated well by the others.

Return to “Questions from Citizens”