New Sim

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

New Sim

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

"We've been talking about getting a new sim since it seems like our vacancy rate is rather low. Do you feel we are ready for a new sim? What do you see as the risks and rewards? DO you have any ideas on how you will work with CDS to determine the theme? How do you see the RA and Chancellor working together towards this goal if you feel a new sim should be done?"

I feel we are indeed ready for a new sim. I agree with your observation that we have a high occupancy rate and I’ve noticed land that comes onto the market is often rapidly purchased. There have been various discussions about the possibilities of islands and a water sim. Taking the theme of Tuscany further it would be possible to place the Island of Elba together with a water sim off the coast of Tuscan LA. I have a few months ago produced some provisional maps and budgetary analysis to look at such a feasibility.

However I do recognize that there are differing views with regard to a next sim. Therefore I would propose we use the forum for the discussion of new sim proposals to allow Citizens to express their views. Any decision to move forward and with what theme is ultimately the RAs.

As Chancellor I would ensure that any RA decision is quickly and effectively implemented by drawing together the considerable talent for creative design that exists in CDS, allowing all Citizens who wish to contribute an opportunity to do so in some way.

Careful project management should ensure that the process from sim theme development in the RA to the creative design and build process under the Chancellors office are kept to short but realistic timescales, so that Citizens and new Citizens have the earliest opportunity to enjoy their new homes and that the new revenue stream to CDS is quickly established.

The potential of a new sim(s) to widen the democratic base and provide new lands and opportunities to CDS citizens is one risk well worth taking.

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Questions from Citizens”