New Sim

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

New Sim

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Question from Bromo:

"We've been talking about getting a new sim since it seems like our vacancy rate is rather low. Do you feel we are ready for a new sim? What do you see as the risks and rewards? DO you have any ideas on how you will work with CDS to determine the theme? How do you see the RA and Chancellor working together towards this goal if you feel a new sim should be done?"

Yes. I think we are probably ready for a new sim and I don't think it should be such as difficult to achieve as the LA rebuild. For one thing, we won't be remodelling an existing sim with residents who will be worried about the potential impact on them. With a totally new sim we are literally starting with a blank slate.

We have the "In Theme" Expansion Act we can use as a guide and, the last time we discussed, the consensus was that the next sim should be "Neufreistadt West". I think this still makes sense and would be a great idea for our 10th anniversary. Neufreistadt was our first theme and it's consistently sold out. We should be able to add a new dense, urban build and open up a lot of new plots for new citizens.

The "In Theme" Expansion Act is pretty clear on the way the RA and Chancellor should work together. The references to the Guild need to be updated but, essentially, the RA determines the theme, the balance between public and private land, any 'landmark' builds and other details and then the Chancellor gets on with organising the build.

The risks are the sim doesn't sell or the drama involved derails the whole process. Voters need to choose carefully in these elections and choose their legislators wisely. Potential rewards are a beautiful new sim and dozens of new citizens.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “Questions from Citizens”