New Sim

Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

New Sim

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

In the General Discussion forums Bromo posted this question.
"We've been talking about getting a new sim since it seems like our vacancy rate is rather low. Do you feel we are ready for a new sim? What do you see as the risks and rewards? DO you have any ideas on how you will work with CDS to determine the theme? How do you see the RA and Chancellor working together towards this goal if you feel a new sim should be done?"

I feel a new sim is long overdue myself. One of the main risks I see is that it takes forever to start and finish the sim development based on our past and how long it takes to get something accomplished. My hope is that with a more active citizenry the process will go quicker than in the past. The rewards will be the opportunity to expand our citizenry and have even more people participate in our unique community.

Talk about a new sim isn't a new topic. For at least the past two years various people have talked about what our next sim should be. The general consensus is that the logical choice would be the west side of NFS, commonly referred to as NFS West. There has also been talk of which direction do we go next. The idea of a couple of sims consisting of water with a few islands to cover tier has been talked about lately. This same concept has been brought up in the past with an idea of the water/island sims acting as a buffer between our current sims and a new group of sims, perhaps Colonial America.

I've already been working on calculations for new sims looking at different aspects such as the breakeven point, public to private land rations, and tier. Whether or not I'm elected to the RA I will continue working on this aspect along with others.

Timo Gulfer wrote

In my opinion chancellor's role is to be a coordinator, encourager, empowerer and conflicts preventer. When Monastery sim was created, New Guild had an important role. I would suggest, that the RA had only political power and the creative "power" was outside of it (even if the same people can belong to the both groups), because talented builders are often not interested in politics, but rather focus completely on creativity.

I don't think I could have said it better myself. I hope the guild opens it doors to all who are interested in participating. I also hope that individuals understand that some may be more talented than others and instead of being offended by constructive criticism they use the critique as a way of improving their work.

Trebor Warcliffe

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."

Return to “Questions from Citizens”