Building a New Region Quickly

discussions related to planning the 10th Anniversary of CDS

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Building a New Region Quickly

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

The CDS is full to bursting! We have no vacant plots as far as I can tell and, when new ones do go on sale, they get snapped up quickly. I had to sell one of my own plots in NFS (which I've had a long time) in order to welcome yet another new citizen into the CDS yesterday.

So we need to add a new region quickly and provide some much-needed plots for new citizens to come and join us.

The RA has debated this issue recently and decided to put a referendum question on the ballot for the next elections. I hope we will get a strong positive 'yes' vote so we can make quick progress in the new term. There are still some logistics to sort out. The "In Theme" Expansion Act will need amendment (despite the otherwise excellent drafting *coughs modestly*) to take into account that the Guild referred to no longer exists in that form.

I think, to make quick progress and bring in as many new people as possible, our next region should be built to the East of NFS. The inner city fachwerk plots in NFS are always popular. They sell out instantly when they come on the market. And they're small, so you can fit in lots of them!

There are some good ideas for this expansion in this thread here. We should build on these when we come to plan our next region.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Building a New Region Quickly

Post by Timo Gufler »

Patroklus Murakami wrote:

The "In Theme" Expansion Act will need amendment (despite the otherwise excellent drafting *coughs modestly*) to take into account that the Guild referred to no longer exists in that form.

I think, to make quick progress and bring in as many new people as possible, our next region should be built to the East of NFS. The inner city fachwerk plots in NFS are always popular.

NFS East would really give us time, to get over the problems related to NFS West (or Monastery South or...), even if it would be doable too, if we let the designers forget the old plans until the sim is ready. Also, interesting planning in the other thread.

( And to be bit selfish, sitting in my parcel at the south gate I wouldn't need to turn my back to the east every time, if NFS East was there... ;) )

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Patroklus,

We have some vacant parcels in LA you could unlock.

I would hope the 21st RA will not make the mistake the 19th did and instead refrain from making changes to anything, or purchasing a sim, until there is a fully workable plan.

I have never seen evidence of the current Artisans Guild being able to execute a proper sim design along with a working financial plan for it.
If they can produce one that is great, otherwise I think we may want to consider other avenues.

Cleo
Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Timo Gufler »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

I would hope the 21st RA will not make the mistake the 19th did and instead refrain from making changes to anything, or purchasing a sim, until there is a fully workable plan.

That's a good point, Cleo. I guess, that NFS East would require more planning than NFS West, because the East would expand the inner city with all the public infrastructure and other details while the West would likely be more a rural environment with focus on private builds. The West would be faster to plan, if we accepted, that the GMP can be ignored during the sim planning and adapted to it later. I assume, that the least we all would like to see, is rushing with the expansion of the NFS inner city by sacrificing quality.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Timo

If you follow the link to the thread in my first post you will see that Rosie and Trebor have already done some planning for NFS East including setting out the rough location of homes and infrastructure. We would not be starting with a blank slate by any means.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Timo Gufler »

Patroklus Murakami wrote:

If you follow the link to the thread in my first post you will see that Rosie and Trebor have already done some planning for NFS East including setting out the rough location of homes and infrastructure. We would not be starting with a blank slate by any means.

Planning and building the city extension by the 10th anniversary may be possible, but still the schedule is strict. My point was, that probably it's be easier and quicker to make NFS West instead of East. I studied Rosie's and Trebor's drafts closely, and they are interesting. Would be nice to have topography included in them too.

Return to “10th Anniversary Planning”