Moderator: SC Moderators

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Tor Karlsvalt RA candidate for by-election

Post by Delia Lake »

Tor Karlsvalt submitted this declaration to me in my position as Dean of the SC

Greetings Delia,

Please accept my application to stand for the Representative Assembly.

I am a citizen of some years and in good standing. For the record, I have lived in CDS with uninterrupted residency since January 2010. Since then I have served four terms as Chancellor and a number of terms in the RA.

My waterfront parcel in LA is riverfront and not along the sim edge or either the outer or inner harbor.

I have no conflicts of interest. I own two mainland parcels, one at Tordangle and the other at Vittersonus, the latter having been my home prior to joining CDS. I rent a small berth for a boat at SL New England. I have no business interests in Second Life.

I consider it an honor to serve on the RA and offer my time to the project we all hold so dearly: The Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
This is what I believe:

--CDS should have a fully constituted and functioning RA.
--Viewpoints of all Citizen matter and they should know that there are people who care to listen.
--CDS is a community that enjoys having our lands reflect the talents, ideas and labor of involved residents. It is more than a residence, it is an evolving community of friends who learn skills from each other.
--Serving the Estate is an honor.
--Important Decisions on the direction of the CDS should be vetted, reasonable and voted upon by the RA.
--CDS should pursue, after careful consideration, a connection point to the mainland via Linden water. The RA should accomplish this connection with minimal cost and acquisition of any connection region and that only if absolutely necessary. Finally the connection should allow for Locus Amoenus to be the harbor for the CDS. This goal should be planned without any rush to judgment or feeling that it must happen immediately.
--The connection to the mainland should be on terms set forth by CDS because our community offers value to SL and is a historically significant early community.

i am sure there is more to this than I can say now or is appropriate for this request.

Respectfully,

Tor Karslvalt

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”