CDS Artisan Guild formed

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

CDS Artisan Guild formed

Post by Sudane Erato »

At a meeting of interested CDS citizens on Monday July 23 the new CDS Artisan Guild was officially brought into being. Because we feel strongly that the Artisan Guild is carrying on the mission and principles of the "New Guild" which preceded it, I've asked Gwyneth to change the name of this forum. Forum announcements and discussions will now flow uninterruptedly from the discussions of the New Guild in the past.

The CDS Artisan Guild, brought into existence by the strenuous and able leadership of Rosie Grey, is a CDS organization which is entirely independent of the CDS government, and has no authority roles other than activities which might some day be commissioned by that government. It exists purely to sustain and encourage high standards of content creation in SL. It's mission and charter can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... -3pLnVx0ys

In addition, initial members of the first classes of the Guild were agreed upon. It is those members who will go on to oversee admission of new members to their groups. Lilith Ivory was appointed Chairperson for the general meetings, Fern Leissa was appointed Recording Secretary, and I was appointed Treasurer. According to the new procedures, the Guildmeister, functionally an Executive Director, will be elected by the Masters. It is expected that Rosie Grey will be asked to take on that role.

We are pleased to see this new organization formed and hopeful that its mission of promoting higher standards of content creation in SL will bear fruit.

Sudane............................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: CDS Artisan Guild formed

Post by Rosie Gray »

So now we can get going on our mission! I'm looking forward to it :D

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
alexia