Creation of a new Builder's Guild for the CDS

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Creation of a new Builder's Guild for the CDS

Post by Rosie Gray »

The RA has recognized my proposal to create a new Builder's Guild for the CDS, to replace the now dysfunct 'New Guild'. The proposal to RA read:

I would like to put forth a proposal for consideration, to create a new NGO Builder's Guild.

Since the current New Guild has been inactive and basically dysfunctional for some time now, I see this as an opportunity to create something new that is more streamlined, less ambitious and more workable for the CDS as it is now.

Here's an outline:

Name: Guild of CDS Builders (or something else a little catchier) ㋡

Membership:
* Create an SL group that citizens will need to join to be members of the guild. (This to get away from the current non-system of whoever shows up is a member.)
* Members must be CDS citizens in good standing, to join the guild.
* Replace the 'Secretary' with 'Executive Director', which is the current standard for not-for-profit societies, and have a Chairperson, Treasurer, and Recording Secretary all elected from the membership.
* Explore the idea of titles and levels for the group, in the tradition of apprentice, craftsman, journeymen, and master craftsman. The more accomplished builders aiding the others to become better builders.
* First purpose of the guild would be to create content and sim development for the CDS, as requested by the government.
* Second purpose of the guild would be to inspect new citizen buildings and notify the Chancellor if they are outside of compliance. Also, to assist citizens in making their buildings comply with covenants (and ensure that trees do not float, roofs fit, and realism is achieved to a reasonable level). I think the guild could be the first (and best-case scenarios the only required) step for covenant monitoring.
* To help pay for the guild tiers, and for ongoing services rendered, a monthly government stipend
* Large scale development reimbursements to be negotiated between individual builders and the government, but with the oversight of the guild as a whole. This last to ensure quality control as well as helping to spread the potential work around within the guild creators, according to their skill levels and interest.

All of this would need refining, but I would urge that the guild by-laws and charter be as straightforward as possible, keeping it's scale suitable to the modest number of active citizens in the CDS now. Let's keep it to a practical level, and let people who enjoy content creation have fun with it.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Creation of a new Builder's Guild for the CDS

Post by Rosie Gray »

I call a first meeting, as directed by the RA, to establish the new builder's guild group, firstly to decide on its name, membership, and define charter and by-laws.

Time: Sunday, June 3rd, 9:00 am SLT
Place: the school in Neufreistadt

All citizens are welcome who would like to take a part in this first step to develop the structure, and of course in particular the builders and scripters who are citizens of the CDS and would like to help develop the sims. From novice to master builders and scripters, we can all have a part to play. :D

~ Tommy Douglas
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Creation of a new Builder's Guild for the CDS

Post by Rosie Gray »

Change of day for this first meeting of the new Builders' Guild for the CDS, because there is an SC meeting that conflicts: Date changed to: June 9th, 9:00 am SLT

~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”