New Guild meeting Saturday 3rd December at 8am SLT

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

New Guild meeting Saturday 3rd December at 8am SLT

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

New Guild meeting Saturday 3rd December at 8am SLT in the NFS school.

Main agenda items

Election of New Guild Secretary

As per tradition and the New Guild Charter we will seek nominations in the meeting and hold a vote. All citizens are welcome to attend and vote.

"16.The Board is chaired by the Secretary of the Board, who serves for 6 months, and whose election must not be delayed for more than 15 days after a CDS general election. Both the Chair of Faculty and the Secretary of the Board in exercise can call the election, with due time for candidates to run to the role."

Followed by discussion of previous agenda items.

Regards Ceasar

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: New Guild meeting Saturday 3rd December at 8am SLT

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

Trebor Warcliffe

Last edited by Trebor Warcliffe on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Bells Semyorka
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Bells Semyorka »

Trebor
As flattered as I am in you nominating me for NG secretary. I'm going to have to decline. I wish you would have IMed me first. before posting this. I am still wanting and willing to provide my support on the projects I had committed to and worked on before the elections. The Locus Amoenus build catalog and the inventorying of all public builds in the CDS. If my services are still wanted and desired by both the new guild and the new guild secretary( who ever fills this position).

For now however I will not be wanting a more involved public role than I already have as NG admin. I do want to help out when I can even if it's in an unofficial manner. If there is a project that you need help with feel free to IM or better yet notecard me the information. I'd be more than happy to look and consider giving all that I can to CDS. I do very much care about CDS and want it to thrive as a community.

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.
Walt Disney

Bells Semyorka

“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”
josjoha
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by josjoha »

Hi,

Recently there was a problem with the NG Secretary not being allowed to also be in the RA. Because of these principles/laws agreed on prior, the then NG Secretary had to step down from that post. Has this been re-debated on principle (in which case I have missed it, sorry) ? Should the law be amended with .... the NG secretary is not also in the RA, unless there are no other willing candidates ? That way there would be a safety precaution in case the number of active people is too small.

Was the NG Charter also to be reviewed, because it was too broad a mandate and/or too complicated a charter ? This seems to be the same charter: http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/cds- ... new-guild/

22.The following citizens can not be Secretary of the Board:
* The Chair of the NG Faculty
* The Chancellor of the CDS, and all members of the Executive Branch
* The Members of the RA
* .The Chairs of the SC.

Since there is now a new RA, the matter could be debated again with a fresh look ?

best regards,
josjoha

www.law4.org Constitution & Revolution, live happy ever after ...

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”