Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: New Guild meeting 10am 15th October

Post by Sudane Erato »

Rose Springvale wrote:

An accounting of the NG money, posted regularly, would also have alerted us to the deficit. Without information, the community doesn't have the option to act, and regardless of altruistic motives, we should have the information and be able to make decisions based on fact and not sentiment.

Deeply sorry for my sincere expressions of sadness here, but until those of us who were there can at least recall the simple and basic facts of what's been done in the (recent) past, conveying information to newer participants is going to be an exercise in frustration... certainly for them. That's a "sorry" state, and one over which I feel quite justified "sighing" about.

As you can see, the info was posted in February 2009, and, consistent with my responsibilities as New Guild Treasurer, has been current ever since: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2339

Sudane........................................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: New Guild meeting 10am 15th October

Post by Rose Springvale »

I see that it has been posted ... though without searching to find that link, it would be impossible for people who do not have as good a memory as you to find it... no links here in this thread.

I have not suggested that you are shirking your responsibilities as treasurer and please don't start painting my comments into that corner. You and i often disagree with fiscal issues, particularly the way things are reported. Seems to me that it is appropriate that the "need" for gifts for the NG to pay its tier is something that should be right here for us all to see, clearly and regularly.

Thank you again for your service, and i apologize for your sincere sadness. Conveying accurate facts to newer participants, without emotion, i believe is absolutely necessary for them to become fully contributing members of the new guild. Many are under the impression that you've paid the tier for NG for a long time and clearly, for some time you (or some other anonymous donor) have. You will also agree i think that we held some very successful though time consuming fundraisers in the past. I think it is only fair that the people voting on this proposition understand that.

CDS has functioned for a long time with lots of people doing things "behind the scenes" that they neither take credit for or are valued. As new people move into positions, it is not fair to expect them to take over paying for things or running things that are not transparent. For example, it seemed there was a fellow who was willing to serve as NG treasurer, and thus lift some of the load of handling ALL CDS money from you. Was it to be his responsibility to anonymously pay tier as well? or is this just another position that MUST stay in your hands forever?

Rose

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: New Guild meeting 10am 15th October - Agenda

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

New Guild agenda Saturday 15th October 2011

Minutes of last meeting - points of accuracy - points of clarification

New build catalogue proposal - for submission to the RA if agreed by NG

That New Guild develop a catalogue of pre approved builds for LA and other CDS sims.
That the builds be created by people who have demonstrated a high level of build quality.
That to ensure the 'high level of build quality' and to remain consistent with the laws of CDS, builds be submitted to the New Guild and the Chancellor to be approved.
Only when approved will a build be entered into the catalogue.
That the catalogue should designate whether the builder is a CDS citizen or not.
That each approved builder agree to provide one free to purchase build to the catalogue before they may include builds for purchase.
That citizens not by required to use catalogue builds on their land, in which situation the normal approval process through the Chancellor would apply.

Insulae

The NG is asked to conside any areas where we would like to see insulae and consider where the parcels there would have to be redrawn. That a contest be held for the best example of insulae or alternatively, insulae could be created for the catalogue (please see previous agenda item).

NG finances - Rose Springfields propsal

The New Guild requests the RA to consider the following:
CDS L15-__ "New Guild Funding Act" The New Guild is a non-governmental organization formed and operated to benefit CDS. The organization is made up of all citizens who wish to participate and serves as support for long term sim planning, sim building, events, including Oktoberfest and other construction and reconstruction projects as are directed from time to time by the Chancellor. In order to be most effective and provide the best use of resources on behalf of the CDS Community, the following is hereby enacted, to be effective _____________.
1. All land owned by or for the benefit of The New Guild as of the effective date* of this Act shall be held as CDS public land and no tier shall be collected for such parcels. The land shall be owned by _____________ (group name)** The Secretary of the New Guild, the Chancellor, The Treasurer of the New Guild, and such assistants as each of them shall deem appropriate shall be given land control via the second life group. The New Guild shall provide a list of the land owned by the _______ Group as of the date of adoption, and any land added to this list shall be specifically approved before adding by the RA.***
2. The Chancellor shall include the sum of __________ L per month allocated to the New Guild Petty Cash fund in the budget of each RA Term, to be utilized by the NG to pay for such expenses related to its operation or projects not exceeding ______ L per expenditure. Expenses in excess of said ________L shall be approved by the Chancellor.****

Notes:
*The easiest way to handle this is to make it effective when the new term starts on December 1.
**The land should be held by a group so that the "control" can transfer as officials change and so that all citizens can see what land is New Guild land. At this point in time, I believe the School is the only property clearly owned by the NG, though the Villa of the Pines in Colonia Nova has been treated as such as well. I think Jon Seattle pays the tier on that land, and if that is still the case, it should be included on the "list."
***If CDS ever decides to allocate land as a sandbox, it makes sense that the NG administer that as well, which is why it is important to leave some flexibility to add land.
****Some agreement on what can be spent without bringing it back to the authority charged with budgeting is appropriate. I'd suggest no more than 2000 L... less than 10 usd... without getting Chancellor approval.

Any other business

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”