Organising an Inaugural Ball

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Organising an Inaugural Ball

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

Despite the fact that we are going into the third month of our term, I wish to authorise the executive officers (PIO and estate managers) to organise an inaugural ball. This means that the RA will have to authorise approximately 3,000L to cover DJ costs, but I would like to see up to 4,000-5,000L authorised for any other unforeseeable expenses. If the PIO is unwilling to take up this initiative, then I recommend we authorise Rosie Gray to do the planning along side Calli who can be our DJ.

What are your opinions?

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)
Sylvia Tamalyn
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Organising an Inaugural Ball

Post by Sylvia Tamalyn »

I absolutely agree that we should have an Inaugural Ball before it's time for the next term to have one! I think we have waited sufficiently long enough for it to be done through traditional channels with no result, and it's time to move on and get something going. This is an event that is of great interest to the citizens of CDS, or so I'm told, and it's a shame it hasn't been held already.

One aside, as a reminder, Rosie is PIO now. :) And I totally agree that she'd be an excellent choice to plan this, and that Calli is an excellent choice to be our DJ. I would like to see this on this 'week's agenda so we can make it official!

As always, we want to include as many citizens as possible, so I suggest the event be held on a weekend day, starting around noon SLT.

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”