I'm flabbergasted...!

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Guillaume Mistwalker
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

I'm flabbergasted...!

Post by Guillaume Mistwalker »

It goes to show just how astounding things can be here in the CDS.

All of us have looked at the map over the past few months and have been dismayed at the large spread of yellow. Now, I look over the financial statements rather regularly and I thought that we were not doing well this term and, while that's true for the past two months, we've actually made money this term. Everyone has been looking at the yellow and while — true — it is a problem, we shouldn't lose sight of the overall financial health of the estate.

In December 2014, we made 10,207L. In January 2015, we made an astounding 87,095L! But, for the past two months, in February and March, we have lost 2,149L and 20,026L, respectively.

That means that we have made 75,127L so far this term! Now, I expect that April's financial report will be published soon (this weekend or next), but we are doing so well! Depending on April's numbers (which I don't think will be apocalyptic), we are still in a good financial position if we are breaking-even overall this term.

Gaius Nebuliens Curio (Guillaume Mistwalker)
si enim pecunias aequari non placet, si ingenia omnium paria esse non possunt, iura certe paria debent esse eorum inter se, qui sunt cives in eadem re publica. (Cic. De Rep. 1.32.49)

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”