Request Opinion - Sudane Erato

This forum is used for discussion by members of the SC
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Request Opinion - Sudane Erato

Post by Callipygian »

The following request for an opinion on complying with legislation has been received from Sudane Erato and is posted here for discussion

Today, October 3, 2014, I received the following email instruction from the Chancellor:

Bromo, Sudane,

As per NL 8-4 Private Development Act.

I have completed the final inspection and have approved the sim (Symbiosis) to be known as Dougga. Bromo has officially declared that he deeds the sim to CDS. This is posted on the forums under the executive thread.

Please arrange to move the sim known as Symbiosis from its current location to a position to the north and adjacent to CDS Colonia Nova. Please change the name from Symbiosis to Dougga.

Please arrange for Rudeen to place Hippo payment boxes adjacent to each parcel in the sim and for these to be added to the CDS Hippo system under Rudeens name.

regards Ceasar Xigalia,

CDS Chancellor

Noting that a similar instruction, sent on Tuesday September 16, 2014, was subsequently determined to be inappropriate and inconsistent with the wording and intent of the relevant CDS law, I hereby appeal to the Scientific Council for a determination as to whether this current instruction is appropriate and legal and should be complied with.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Request Opinion - Sudane Erato

Post by Callipygian »

I have previously stated that in my opinion

'In reading the law it appears to me that the purpose of the remote location of the region under development ensures that no privately developed region is physically attached to the CDS estate until it is constructed in compliance with the approved design and all rights to the intellectual property used in the development are licensed to the CDS. Additionally, since the transfer of ownership also transfers financial responsibility for the Linden Labs monthly maintenance fees, this would ensure that CDS is not placed in the position of paying these fees on land that is not ready for sale.'

In my opinion the parcels in the Dougga region are still 'not ready for sale'.

No parcel can be set for sale without a valid covenant and tier rate. No request to establish tier has been made to the RA.
The Chancellor provided a copy of proposed covenants for Dougga to me last night. They have not, to my knowledge, been presented to RA for approval. These covenants have some major differences to covenants elsewhere in CDS, and also designate both residential and commercial space, a variance from the GMP which lists CN5 as 'Commercial, Sandbox'.

In my opinion, the Dougga sim cannot be moved until covenant and tier are approved by RA.

Personally, I would urge the Chancellor to communicate with the LRA, submit these items immediately, and would urge the LRA to place them as a priority on the next RA agenda.

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “SC Discussion”