Petition from Jon Seattle

This forum is used for discussion by members of the SC
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Petition from Jon Seattle

Post by Callipygian »

The following petition was received from Jon Seattle:

I am asking the SC to determine if the chancellor provided me with sufficient notice prior to confiscation of my SL land. If sufficient notice was not given, I am asking the SC to halt the sale of the land and return it to my ownership.

It will not be possible to hear this before the 19th, however, the parcel/s in question (Jon Seattle's and possibly land belonging to another citizen, as indicated by a friend on the Forum) are scheduled for sale during tomorrow's Land Sale. Therefore I urge all members of the SC to comment here as soon as possible on whether the SC should halt the sale of any reclaimed parcels until such time as this petition can be heard.

General discussion of the petition is also welcome of course.

Callipygian

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Soro Dagostino
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Re: Petition from Jon Seattle

Post by Soro Dagostino »

The sale should be halted until the SC can meet and hear the issue of notice.

Bottle Washer
CDS SC
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

Posting for Lilith , who sent her comment in reply to the e-mail sent out notifying SC members of this petition and will confirm this to be her opinion once she isn't sleeping :) :

I agree none of the reclaimed parcels should be sold until we had a chance to talk about this case

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

I am in agreement that it is better to delay the sale of the parcels, to avoid the possibility that a new resident purchases land that results in disputed ownership should this petition succeed.

Having three opinions that the parcels should be withheld from sale at this time, I will notify the Chancellor or his designate that any reclaimed parcels on offer in tomorrow's Land Sale be temporarily withdrawn. The SC will make every attempt to hear this petition in a timely manner so that there is minimal loss of revenue to the CDS.

Walter H. Judd
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

Posting for Arria, stuck on an ipad somewhere:

I agree that sales are suspended until we can meet.

Walter H. Judd
Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

I confirm what I said before in email :D

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett

Return to “SC Discussion”