Estate Ban of Tartlette666 Resident

This forum is used for discussion by members of the SC
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Estate Ban of Tartlette666 Resident

Post by Callipygian »

Trebor has notified me that he has banned Tartlette666 from CDS and has returned all her prims located in CDS.

Tartlette666 has a penchant for penises, both as her avatar and as a decor item on the land. After purchasing a parcel and paying the tier, Tartlette immediately began building by installing a number of penis statues. Complaints were received from at least one citizen regarding this. Tartlette was then found at another citizen's parcel in NFS in a penis avatar, but failed to respond to IMs from a number of members of the Executive or government, including me.

Trebor returned all inappropriate prims and sent Tartlette a notecard explaining covenant and laws relevant to her behaviour. He received no reply, but more penis installations appeared next day. At this point Trebor returned all prims and banned the avatar.

It should be noted, perhaps, that Tartlette's account was only 2 days old at the time, yet he/she was capable enough to purchase estate land, know enough to pay tier on it, and to use the build tools which suggests some prior history and experience in SL. While someone totally new to SL might not understand what covenants and sim ratings etc are, someone with some SL experience can be expected to know this. In either case, the refusal to respond to citizens and members of government trying to resolve the issue left Trebor little choice but to ban.

The only reason this may be relevant to us as members of the SC is that banning is mentioned in the laws and has been an issue in some previous situations. The relevant text from the Code of Laws follows:

N 4-24 Defence of the Republic Act

Powers
Members of the Representative Assembly, the Scientific Council and the Guild Master (and citizens temporarily empowered by these bodies) are empowered to ban avatars from Neualtenburg if they are griefing or make a recorded threat to grief.
The Scientific Council are empowered to deny citizenship to a non-citizen if they have cause to believe that the non-citizen will not abide by the Constitution, founding documents and laws of the City.
Oversight
Sim bans will be reviewed at the next Scientific Council meeting which must take place within 28 days. The Scientific Council can support, rescind or amend the ban and must set a time-limit for review by a future SC meeting.
Bars to citizenship must be time-limited and can be overturned by a 2/3 majority vote in the Representative Assembly.

(For new citizens, Neualtenberg is the city state that later became the CDS. Many of the original Neualtenburg laws still apply to the CDS and archaic wording occurs. In this case, Neualtenburg = CDS for the purposes of the law)

Therefore, we will review this ban at our next meeting, which will be Sunday Sept 9 at 8 AM SL time. Please discuss any concerns you have about this ban here so that you can be ready at that time to express your position: support, rescind or amend.

Regarding setting a time frame for review, I would suggest that review of this ban be scheduled to occur if, or when, Tartlette666 requests that it be reviewed, and that she be notified of that decision by notecard. Again, please give your thoughts and comments on the review aspect here so that this incident can be dealt with efficiently at the meeting.

Callipygian

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd

Return to “SC Discussion”